10 Best Michael Jackson Music Videos
Choosing the 10 best Michael Jackson videos is no easy feat. Jackson's career began as a child singing with his brothers, and exploded as a solo artist. Here, in no particular order, are the 10 best Michael Jackson videos.
- "Thriller." Quite possibly the best music video ever, "Thriller" is more of a short film than a music video. Jackson's original dance moves and original storyline make this video one of the best Michael Jackson music videos. The video was recently added to the Library of Congress.
- "Billie Jean." One of the best Michael Jackson music videos ever, "Billie Jean" was introduced to audiences on MTV. The video gave audiences a chance to view Jackson's dance skills without throngs of dancers backing him up. The special effects in the video were ahead of the time and help to elevate the standard for which all music videos would be judged by.
- "Bad." The video for the song "Bad" was Jackson's first in almost four years following the success of "Thriller." People around the world anxiously gathered around the television to watch its premiere. The video features a tougher than usual Jackson facing down friends turned bullies. "Bad" is also one of the first videos that Jackson incorporated hip hop dancing.
- "Blood on the Dance Floor." Jackson's first Latin style dance video is considered one of his best music videos. This video was different from previous works by Jackson. Jackson took on a more smooth style.
- "In the Closet." Featuring supermodel Naomi Campbell, Jackson's "In the Closet' gave the world a chance to see the pop star with a top name female. Directed by Herb Ritz, "In the Closet" is one of the best Michael Jackson music videos ever.
- "Scream." Jackson's "Scream" was the video fans had waited on for years. The video was the first time that audiences were given the chance to see the pop star and his sister Janet perform together. The video did not disappoint fans. Visually stunning, the video broke the record for the most expensive video every produced.
- "Rock With You." Although the video does not have the same polished look that later Jackson videos did, "Rock With You" holds its on in his extensive video collection. Jackson's glittery outfit and special lighting effects help to make it one of the best Michael Jackson music videos.
- "Dirty Diana." The video for "Dirty Diana" was shot concert style and featured Jackson's struggle with a groupie. The video played to the millions of female fans that had seen Jackson in a sexual light.
- "Remember the Time." Featuring a cast of big name stars, "Remember the Time" was the perfect showcase for Jackson's dancing style. The Egyptian-themed video dominated the music channels after first premiering. With great graphics and a catchy chorus, "Remember the Time" is considered to be one of the best Michael Jackson videos.
- "You Rock My World." After a lengthy disappearance from the music scene, Jackson returned with a bang with the short film "You Rock My World." The video featured such stars as Chris Tucker and Michael Madsen. In a rare appearance, Marlon Brando was briefly featured in the video as well.
There are many more Michael Jackson videos that could easily be named one of the best. Among Jackson fans, the list changes from person to person. The videos listed here represent those which are thought to have elevated the standards of music videos.