If you’re looking for the best MMA training gyms in America, chances are that you are looking to take you fighting skills to the next level of intensity. These schools will offer you that experience. Most of them are run by some of the biggest names in martial arts working today.
- Jim Hughes and Royce Gracie Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Self Defense Schools. Hands down the best MMA training gym in America, there are now nearly a dozen locations spread throughout New England. For those serious about practicing MMA as both a sport and an art form, this is the place to do it at.
- Greg Jacksons MMA. This New Mexico-based MMA school is known for regularly producing champions. Home of "the world's premiere fight team," you probably already know about Greg Jackson's martial arts style from the Internet television show he regularly produces. For these reasons, it makes our list of the best MMA training gyms in America.
- American Top Team. The Florida-based American Top Team is one of the most popular training gyms for MMA, and consistently rates among the best MMA training gyms in America.
- Team Quest Martial Arts. Team Quest is an excellent choice for beginners, as it has classes that begin offering MMA training at the age of four. The school currently has locations in Oregon and California.
- Xtreme Couture. Randy Couture is the founder of Xtreme Couture, which is the best MMA training gym in Las Vegas. Famous fighters who have trained here include Amir Sodallah, Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin. Couture himself still works as a trainer here.
- American Kickboxing Academy. Famous instructors at this San Jose MMA training facility include Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, and Mike Swick. In addition to offering classes, it also offers professional fighter management. So training here could be your ticket to the big time in the world of professional martial arts.
- Throwdown Elite Training Center. Dean Lister, winner of the ADCC, is the head instructor at this MMA training facility. It is located in San Diego. Throwdown gets high marks for its top notch quality training and the friendliness of its staff.
- AMC Kickboxing and Pankration. Matt Hume is just one of the legendary fighters that can regularly be found at this gym. The focus is on building fighters' technique in a safe, non-threatening environment.
- Black House. Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida are but two of the famous names who work here as trainers. If you live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area, this is about as good as it gets.
- Shamrock MMA. Shamrock MMA rounds out our list of the best training gyms in America. Located in San Jose, California, it is the brainchild of champion fighter Frank Shamrock. Shamrock himself offers personalized bootcamps. Shamrock also offers programs for kids.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...