10 Best Mobile Ringtones
The top 10 mobile ringtones include musical artists, video game soundbytes, and even classic television show characters. They are as varied as the people who download and enjoy them, and if you look in the right places, you can find them for free. These are the top 10 mobile ringtones of all time as opposed to what’s popular right now.
- Pick Up Yo Phone by Mr. T: Who doesn’t love the antics of B.A. Baracus from the A-Team? Well now there’s a way to have him not only announce an incoming call, but also call the recipient of the call a fool. Is there a better way to get a call? Well this is a top 10 mobile ringtone list, so there are nine more to go.
- Super Mario Theme Song: The best plumber in the world who takes mushrooms, and wears a Raccoon suit sometimes, also has one of the catchiest theme songs ever made. If the theme song starts playing, more than likely there will be several people in the room that will start humming along, and now the theme lives on as a ringtone.
- "Mission Impossible": Is there a ringtone that can convey urgency better than the "Mission Impossible" themes song. Just hearing the opening to the song will get anyone’s adrenaline pumping. Luckily the phone won’t self destruct in fifteen seconds; however it will get the ringtone to the number eight spot on the top 10 mobile ringtones.
- "Halloween" Theme Song: This John Carpenter ditty has been popular with horror fans for over 30 years now, and since the invention of the cell phone and its ability to play real music, "Halloween" has become a fan favorite. You can’t have a top 10 mobile ringtone list without this one.
- "Stairway to Heaven": One of the biggest classics of the past 50 years, and one of the longest songs ever, Led Zeppelin’s magnum opus has found a brand new home on cell phones. Sadly, the fifteen minute version of the song has been cut down to a mere 30 seconds long, which will barely allow half of a guitar solo. None the less, it’s a classic and it’s been downloaded for years.
- "Star Wars" Theme: There are probably more people on the planet who’ve seen "Star Wars" than have seen Neil Armstrong on the moon. The most popular of these ringtones, of course, being the main theme song that plays as the opening crawl scrolls up the screen. This is another one of those ringtones that have to be on any good top 10 mobile ringtones.
- Sir Mixalot: In the '90s, the rapper Sir Mixalot came out with a classic song called “Baby Got Back”. Everyone and their mother knows the song, and has even been featured on many major motion pictures. However, a remix of the song appeared on the scene, and made ringtone history. Jamba was the one who made the remix, and are responsible for several of the biggest ringtones. You can’t have a list of the top 10 mobile ringtones and not mention Sir Mixalot and Jamba.
- "South Park" Soundbytes: Trey Parker and Matt Stone have made millions off of their foul mouthed kids especially the ever popular Cartman. Well when the era of the ringtone reared its head, Cartman’s many classic soundbytes became a hot commodity, and with that massive appeal it landed itself on the number three spot on the top 10 mobile ringtones.
- Classic Telephone Ring: Well this one requires the shortest explanation. Remember those old phones we used to plug into the wall? Well they used to make this ringing noise, and the number two ring is the original ringtone.
- Crazy Frog: Another one made by Jamba, it’s a frog that acts crazy, and it has been downloaded more than twelve million times. The most downloaded ringtone of all time, and it’s not even from a movie, video game, or even an old '80s television show. That’s the number one ringtone out of the top 10 ringtones of all time.