These are the 10 best modeling schools in New York that can be rated as the best in the business. Generally, top model schools are the ones that produce famous models and actresses consistently. So if you're looking to get into some serious modeling, then let's take a look at some of these top picks.
- Ford Models. The gem of the modeling business, Ford Models has produced some of the most famous names in the business. Founded in 1946, they have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, and Paris. 111 Fifth Avenue. New York, New York 10003. (212) 219-6500.
- Elite Models. This agency was founded in France in 1972 by Jon Casablancas and Alain Kittler. It has 36 networks within its company. Elite Model Management has produced some of the best names in the business such as Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford, Heidi Klum, Gisele, Adriana Lima, etc. 404 Park Avenue South. New York, New York 10016. (212) 529-9700.
- Click Models. This agency has office in New York City, Atlanta, Paris, and San Paulo. It represents men and women for runway and editorial campaigns. It also has a plus size division. 129 West 27th St. New York, New York 10001. (212) 206-6228.
- John Robert Powers. This agency as schools through out the United States that teach performing arts and modeling. It was founded by the late actor John Robert Powers in 1923. Since its inception, it has went on to be one of the most famous and powerful modeling agency in in the industry. 424 West 33rd St. New York, New York 10001. 9212) 620-2777.
- IMG Models. This agency is ranked as the number one international management firms. Its mother office is in New York City and branches in Tokyo, London, Milan, and Hong Kong. It represents some famous names such as Heidi Klum, Kate Moss, and Gisele. 304 Park Avenue South. New York, New York 10010. (212) 253-8884.
- Wilhemina Models. This agency was founded in 1967 by the model Wilhemina. It has offices in New York City and through out the world. It is one of the largest and successful modeling agencies in the world. It represents men, women, and children. 300 Park Avenue South. New York, New York 10010. (212) 473-0700.
- Barbizon Models. It was founded in 1939 and prepares students to enter the real world of fashion. Barbizon graduate have gone on to become famous child stars, fashion models, actresses, and actors. 16 Penn Plaza Suite. New York, New York 10001. (212) 239-1110.
- Supreme Management. Yet another one of the top ten modeling schools in New York. It caters to men, women, and children. It specializes in runway and print campaigns. 1199 Lafayette St. New York, New York 10012. (212) 976-2343.
- Next Models. Based in New York City, this agency caters to men and women. It is a front runner in the number of successful models born form its management. 15 Watts St. New York, New York 10013. 9212) 925-5100.
- DNA Models. Another New York City based top modeling agency is DNA Models. They specialize in runway and editorial campaigns. They have very successful men, women, and children divisions. 520 Broadway St. New York, New York 10012.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …