The 10 best modern rock love songs aren't all about happy endings. The modern era, or grunge, post grunge and alternative sound, is often focused on the sadder parts of life. Be careful before dedicating one of these songs to a loved one.
- "Hey There Delilah" – Plain White Tees. This mega hit tops the list of best modern rock love songs. The 2007 debut single for the band, it's a song about being separated from the one you love.
- "Friday I'm in Love" – The Cure. This haunting tune makes the list of best modern rock love songs for it's recount of a man's tortured love. He's fine all week, but Friday just keeps rolling around.
- "Everlong" – The Foo Fighters. This band made from the remnants of Nirvana hits the list of best modern rock love songs with their first tender tune. Released in 1997, the song of never ending love can be a bit depressing.
- "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" – Aerosmith. This legendary band makes the list of best modern rock love songs for this 1998 release. Lyrics of never wanting to be apart tore up the hearts of many when this song was released.
- "Wonder Wall" – Oasis. Calling his love "Wonder Wall" appealed to the post grunge crowd in 1995, which is why This odd tune makes the list of best modern rock love songs.
- "This Love" – Maroon 5. This makes the list of best modern rock love songs for it being completely out of nature for the band. The 2002 release of undying love was a stark contrast to the bands harder image.
- "Days Go By" – Dirty Vegas. Best known in the U.K., this band makes the list of best modern rock love songs for their sweet song of love gone by. The tune's release in 2001 received instant radio play in the European markets.
- "Stop Me if You've Heard this One Before" – The Smiths. This entrant on the list of best modern rock love songs comes from one of the earliest known alternative bands. The 1989 songs tells of trying to impress a girl with intelligent quips.
- "Good" – Better than Ezra. The sad song hits the list of best modern rock love songs. It's tune about breaking up but remembering that times were good for a while.
- "Love of my Life" – The Scorpions. The hard-rocking 80's band makes the list of best modern rock love songs with a modern acoustical song. The 2001 release was part of a tribute to deceased rocker Freddie Mercury.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.