Finding the 10 best motorcycle roads in America is not an easy thing to do. With so many states, highways, and roads, the selection can be difficult to make. Here, you'll find a compilation of the 10 best motorcycle routes in America.
- Green Mountain National Forest. Many motorcyclists enjoy the freedom of riding, and Vermont’s motto is “Freedom and Unity.” That is one of the reasons Vermont’s Green Mountain National Forest is one of the best motorcycle routes in America. Between Highway 7 and Highway 100, you can get a magnificent view of the Green Mountain forest as you cruise around it.
- California Pacific Coast. There is no better view than the ocean, and traveling the California Pacific Coast Highway will give you a view you will never forget. PCH has endless beauty and each time you think you've seen it all, this highway will surprise you with something even better.
- Texas Country. They say everything is bigger in Texas, the view is no different. Highway 290 out of Austin will take you on the ride of your life. While on Highway 290, take Highway 39 for a view of the Guadalupe River Valley.
- Sturgis. You can not be a true biker, unless you have gone to Sturgis. Whether you are going for the thrill of the ride or for the rally in August, you have to start out in Wyoming. Thunder Hills is beautiful to see and the ride will take you straight into the Black Hills of South Dakota. Any biker will tell you, the ride to Sturgis is one of the best motorcycle routes in America.
- Grand Canyon National Park. Cruising your motorcycle around any canyon is an experience that you will never forget. However, there is no canyon as beautiful as the Grand Canyon. Miles and miles of breathtaking scenery, and while you are out, you can cruise along Route 66 and Route 89A.
- Great River Road. If you are willing to travel a few states at once, then the Great River Road is the path to take. Driving your motorcycle along the Mississippi River will take you through Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Mississippi, and Wisconsin.
- Highway 66. Motorcycles offer you the freedom to go anywhere you want. One of those places should be Highway 66 in Tennessee. Tennessee offers views of beautiful mountains, landscape, and rolling hills. While you are in Tennessee, you can stop by some of the legendary landmarks.
- Old West Highway. If you looking to get away for the weekend, then you should travel the Old West Highway. With mountains, both wide and steep, and vast country sides, you will feel as if you are back in the old west. Located in Arizona, this is the perfect stop if you are already planning to cruise the Grand Canyon.
- Lighthouses of Outer Banks. Taking your motorcycle out for just a cruise can be just as exciting as the places you visit. One of best places in America is the Lighthouses of Outer Banks in North Carolina. Views of the ocean, beaches, and historical sites, this path can take you all the way down to Florida.
- Florida Panhandle. Any motorcyclist will tell you this path can be fun, if not stressful. If you can get past the traffic on US-98 and US-27 there and back, you will be rewarded for your effort after cruising through Daytona and down to Key West.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…