10 Best Mountain Bikes Under $500 in 2010
If you are looking at buying a cheap mountain bike, it is a good idea to know what the ten best mountain bikes under $500 are. This will give you an idea of what you want to purchase, and it will help you make an informed decision when you buy your bike.
- Trek 3500. Trek has been making high quality mountain bikes for a long time. It is little wonder that one of their models would be one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500. The front shocks allow you to hit the trails hard while its solid build means you won't be needing a new bike in a long time.
- KHS Alite 300. A 24 speed bike that can tackle the steepest gradients. The KHS Alite is one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500 thanks to its easy handling and thoughtful design.
- Raleigh Mojave 5.0. Raleigh are one of the most respected names in bicycle manufacturing and the Mojave is a good example of why. Stronger than average cranks and comfortable riding are just two of the reasons why they are considered one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500
- Specialized Hardrock Disc. An entry level bike from Specialized, the Hardrock comes with the same quality features as more expensive Specialized models. Light but durable, the Hardrock is one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500 that you can buy.
- VooDoo Wanga. Founded in the mid- nineties, VooDoo has consistently made quality bikes worthy of the praise and attention they get. This single speed mountain bike is all about fun and at a low price. One of the ten best mountain bikes under $500, the Wanga is money well spent.
- Mongoose Vanish. Aimed at the weekend rider, this is an ideal bike for those who want something for those sunny days at the park. a well designed bike it offers riders great value for money.
- Giant Sedona. A fun recreational bike versatile enough to handle dirt roads and city paths with ease. For those on a budget, this is one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500.
- Trek 820. Another Trek bike that is considered one of the ten best mountain bikes under $500. A great all round bike, it can be used on trails, roads and cross country.
- Gary Fisher Gritty. Popular amongst commuters and students, the Gritty is the ideal bike for those whose idea of trail riding is avoiding potholes in the road. One of the ten best mountain bikes under $500 and one of the best names in the business.
- Vassago Jabber Wocky. With a frame design more commonly associated with 29ers the Jabber Wocky is often mistaken for its more expensive Vassago brethren. For pure recreational fun, this is the perfect bike.