10 Best Movie Costume Ideas
Many popular movies have been released since the last time Halloween season came around, so here are the ten best movie costume ideas before you start shopping. Whether it is a costume party with friends at any point during the year, or celebrating Halloween with your kids, there are plenty of interesting costumes based on movie characters that you can dress up with. These ten movie costumes will help you bring a touch of Hollywood to your outfit.
- "Avatar." Being that "Avatar" is the most successful movie in the entire world, it makes perfect sense that it is considered the best movie costume idea. You don't have to live on the planet of Pandora to become a blue Na'vi warrior, and defend your right to party.
- "Saw." What current horror movie icon costume could be better than the crazed madman Jigsaw? As of fall 2010, the "Saw" movie franchise has a whopping seven films, so you definitely won't have to worry about everyone asking you who you are dressed up as.
- "Freddy Krueger." For a more classic, legendary horror movie costume idea you can't lose with Freddy Krueger, from the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" series. Freddy made a return to movie theaters in 2010 and is ready to be recognized at your next costume party.
- "Toy Story 3." After the massive success of "Toy Story 3", this movie is full of many main characters for you and your family or friends to wear costumes of. There is Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Barbie, Ken, Mr. Potato Head, and for the member of your "Toy Story 3" entourage that is not easily embarrassed, Lots-O'-Huggin' Bear.
- "Shrek Forever After." The big green ogre is a definite attention-getter at any Halloween party. This is another great movie costume idea that can be spread across a whole group of friends attending the same function, so Shrek can hit the dance floor with Donkey, Princess Fiona, and Puss In Boots by his side.
- "Harry Potter." The world's most famous young wizard is a great way to get an instant reaction out of a crowd. Plus, if you are single and witty enough, you can always use some variation of "I know magic, let me show you" to to break the ice with some girl who's attention you have attracted.
- "Kick-Ass." If you have the confidence to slip into those green tights and Timberland boots, go for it. Even if you get asked who you are dressed up as, telling them "Kick-Ass" should lead to a lot of laughs.
- "Iron Man 2." For a more easily recognizable comic book movie character, Iron Man's golden armor costume is a great idea. Make an outrageous, heroic entrance with a super-cocky walk - don't worry, you have a mask on to cover any embarrassment.
- "Alice in Wonderland." If you are attending a costume party with just you and your girlfriend, you can go as Alice and The Mad Hatter. Both of these costumes should be easy to put together, or purchase, and when you enter as a couple it will be understood by all age groups.
- "The A-Team". If there is exactly three other guys that vaguely resemble a different "A-Team member and are going to the same costume party, then go as the entire "A-Team" squad. The beauty of these costumes is that only the B.A. Baracus character will probably require accessories that aren't already in your closet.