10 Best Movie Kisses
The 10 best movie kisses include tender moments and those that simply attract attention. Early films discouraged graphic kissing, but modern films go for full disclosure in filming the action. The top ten kisses lists includes both kissing genres.
- "The Princess Bride". Lovely movie released in 1987 about "true love," or at least Billy Crystal's character thought it was. The romantic Romeo and Juliet-type kiss has a spin. The main character actually returns from the dead.
- "It's a Wonderful Life". This 1947 modern film classic didn't gain popularity until a decade or two ago. Original moviegoers were not so hot about the kissing scene, but modern fans celebrate when George Bailey decides not to end it all and returns to kiss his wife.
- "Spider-Man 3". An upside down kissing scene with a superhero must make the all time ten best movie kisses list. Gwen Stacy, played by Bryce Dallas Howard, plants a big one on Spidey, the real life Tobey Maguire in this 2007 sequel to a sequel about the masked and caped superhero.
- "The Thin Man". The "Oh, Nicky" kiss in this film is a classic. Nora Charles, played by Myrna Loy, plants a number of tasteful and sassy kisses on the lovely Mr. Charles, devilishly executed by actor William Powell. He allows Nora to kiss him because he's so ultra cool. It's the 1930s and the black-and-white detective film has lots of kissing going on between these two. They're the perfect couple.
- "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". Drawn by Disney for release in 1937, the animated Snow White kisses each of her dwarfs as they head off to "High Ho!" it's off to work they go. It's cute. It's Disney. It's one of the ten best movie kisses. Deal with it, anti-Disney fans.
- "Gone With the Wind." Audiences wait throughout the film to see Rhett Butler plant the big one on Scarlett O'Hara. It's worth the wait.
- "The Philadelphia Story". Kisses all around in this movie, too, but the final scene when Tracy Lord, played by Katharine Hepburn, is bussed by her ex- and soon to be current husband C.K. Dexter Haven, played by Cary Grant, is simply one of the ten best movie kisses.
- "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Miles kisses Becky and within the first touch of lips he knows she's one of them -- a pod-person. Not to give too much away about the film, but it's one of the creepiest ten best movie kisses.
- "Mr. and Mrs. Smith". Before Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were Bradgelina, they stared in the 2005 film Mr. and Mrs. Smith as John and Jane Smith. Anyone watching the film kiss between these two knew something was heating up long before Pitt's divorce.
- "Twilight". Any vampire kiss has an interesting twist. Pick a film, any in the series and the sequels yet to come, and you have a vampire classic buss. If you don't think a vampire watching you sleep is way creepy, then you'll probably find the kisses at the top of the ten best movie kisses.