If you're a fan of great movies and you love one liners, you'll definitely want to check out this list of the 10 best movie quotes 2008. 2008 was a great year for movies, with amazing feature films like "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man" and "The Bucket List." Some of the best movie quotes of the year came out of these well-known movies. Let's see how many you can recall.
- "The Dark Knight" This Batman release was the top grossing movie of 2008 as well as having some of the best movie quotes of 2008. Lucius Fox clarifies, "Let me get this straight you think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. And your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck."
- "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" You can always rely upon Indiana Jones films for some great one-liners and chucklers. Harrison Ford's dry delivery sums up this great movie quote of 2008, "What exactly am I being accused of other than surviving a nuclear explosion?"
- "Kung Fu Panda" Jack Black plays a rollie poly Kung Fu panda in this animated film that not only kept the kids entertained, but the adults too. About to battle, Po's excuse makes our list of the best movie quotes 2008, "I just ate, so I'm still digesting, so my kung fu may not be as good as later on."
- "Mamma Mia!" As if all the Abba tunes weren't enough, this show had some of the best movie quotes of 2008, like Rosie talking to Tanya, "Typical isn't it? You wait 20 years for a dad and then three come along at once."
- "Iron Man" This is one of the best films for people who like great movie quotes and witty dialogue. Tony Stark razzes people throughout the film: "I'm sorry. This is the fun-vee. The hum-drum-vee is back there."
- "WALL-E" Some of the simplest yet best movie quotes 2008 came from the animated feature film, "WALL-E," about a little cleanup robot who's left on Earth to clean up after the mess mankind left behind. From the captain, we hear "Well, good morning, everybody, and welcome to day 255,642 aboard the Axiom. As always, the weather is a balmy 72 degrees and sunny, and, uh, oh, I see the ship's log is showing that today is the 700th anniversary of our five year cruise. Well, I'm sure our forefathers would be proud to know that 700 years later we'd be doing the exact same thing they were doing. So, be sure next mealtime to ask for your free sep-tua-centennial cupcake in a cup."
- "The Bucket List" Whether you're looking for some snappy one-liners or want to know some of the best movie quotes of 2008, no lists is complete without hilarious lines from "The Bucket List." Because of this film, we've been given the sage advice, "never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.
- "Get Smart" Maxwell Smart is most amusing when engaging in self-censor, such as "Son of a hamster!" or "Mother of Pearl!" Still, his most popular movie quote 2008 remains "Missed it by that much!"
- "Twilight" One of the best movie quotes from the 2008 movie "Twilight" is Isabella Swan's dialog, "About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him, and I didn't know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
- "Marley & Me" Completing the last of our list of 10 best movie quotes 2008, we have the delightful comedy "Marley & Me." The humor in this movie is amazing as Debby demonstrates, "There were 11 thunderstorms while you were gone, 11. You were right, he doesn't like them and just so you know I am a dog person but that is not a dog, that is evil with a dog face that humps my leg and is peeing on your carpet."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …