If you need an uplifting and memorable comment, the 10 best movie quotes about life are just what you’re looking for. Hollywood has been churning out quotes about life for years, and these are some of the most iconic.
- “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” from “Forrest Gump” In this memorable quote from the 1994 movie, Tom Hanks makes a statement about the unexpected nature of life. Through the good and the bad, the fun is in the journey.
- “I coulda been a contender.” from “On The Waterfront” A classic 1954 movie about corruption and violence, “On The Waterfront” was full of memorable quotes. In this line, Marlon Brando laments his mistakes, wishing he had taken a different path in life.
- “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.” from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” This 1988 entry stands alone as the only one of the ten best movie quotes about life to be spoken by a cartoon. Jessica Rabbit makes a simple yet profound statement about human nature and life, even though she’s only a drawing.
- “There’s no place like home.” from “The Wizard Of Oz” The dictionary definition of a classic movie, this 1939 epic has stood the test of time. With memorable quotes about life from Judy Garland and the gang, it’s easy to see why.
- “I’m the king of the world!” from “Titanic” Say what you will about Leonardo DiCaprio, he owned this particular movie quote about life. This 1997 entry from the epic disaster movie shows that life is much more enjoyable if you try to own it.
- “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” from “The Godfather II” As the sequel to one of the best movies of all time, this 1974 film didn’t disappoint. Al Pacino’s quote says that in life, you should always keep an eye on your enemies.
- “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” from “Gladiator” As the most epic entry on the ten best movie quotes about life, this line from the 2000 film spans centuries. Russell Crowe shows us that we shouldn’t take our life actions lightly, because they will be remembered.
- “A boy’s best friend is his mother.” from “Psycho” Norman Bates is one creepy mama’s boy, as evidenced in the 1960 Hitchcock thriller. This movie quote is somehow sweet, though. Strong parental relationships can be beneficial in life.
- “After all, tomorrow is another day!” from “Gone with the Wind” Are you having a bad day? This movie quote from the 1939 classic is just what you need. Vivien Leigh reminds us that no matter how bad life gets, there’s always tomorrow.
- “Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” from “Dead Poets Society” Even though Robin Williams is generally known for his comedic roles, this 1989 movie showcased his dramatic capability. His movie quote about life is pretty self-explanatory, reminding us that the best lives avoid procrastination.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
16 Fall Style Classics Every Man Should Own
Give layering season an upgrade with these updated standards.