The best movies of 2008 for teen boys include superheroes, amazing chases and quirky love stories. 2008 was a year that was full of comic book movies, including sequels to already popular franchises and new heroes created specifically for the big screen. It was also the year a comic book movie became the box office champion, making the teenage boys across the world satisfied they were finally the true target audience.
- “The Dark Knight” – Director Christopher Nolan enjoyed his biggest hit movie when he resurrected the Batman franchise. With “The Dark Knight,” he created the most financially successful comic book movie of all time and one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys. The movie won Heath Ledger an Oscar for his portrayal of The Joker.
- “Iron Man” – While “The Dark Knight” was more successful, “Iron Man” was an incredibly fun movie and one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys. Robert Downey Jr. stars as a arms manufacturer who becomes the armored superhero Iron Man and started the balls in motion for the 2012 “Avengers” team-up movie.
- “Jumper” – While overlooked with the other superhero movies of the year, “Jumper” remains one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys. Hayden Christensen plays a young man who learns he has the power to transport himself anywhere in the world he wants and discovers a group of deadly assassins wants him dead because of his powers.
- “Wanted” – With all the movies about superheroes, “Wanted” goes in the opposite direction and creates a world where there are no heroes and we end up following the super villains. It is an antihero movie and one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys, starring Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy.
- “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist” – This is one of the best teen movies of the year, for boys and girls. Nick is a member of a rock band who makes a mix tape for the girl he loves while Norah is a girl he meets who turns his entire life upside down.
- “The Incredible Hulk” – 2008 might have been the year of the superhero movie. More similar to “Iron Man” than “The Dark Knight,” “The Incredible Hulk” almost ignores the previous installment of the franchise and cranks up the action, making this a perfect addition to the best movies of 2008 for teen boys.
- “Hellboy II: The Golden Army” – Guillermo del Toro makes the sequel to his fun “Hellboy” movie and amps up the CGI fantasy elements making this one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys. Hellboy and his partners are back to stop an evil prince who wants to rule the world.
- “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” – Few teenagers today were even born when the first Indiana Jones movie came out. Luckily, the producers added Shia LaBeouf to the cast to help kids relate to the Indiana Jones myth and this remains one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys.
- “Hancock” – “Hancock” is a Will Smith movie, with the former Fresh Prince playhing a superhero, immediately making is one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys. The movie is a little more grown up in its themes but has enough action to make most teen boys smile.
- “Eagle Eye” – In Shia LaBeouf’s second movie on this list, “Eagle Eye” is a slight remake of Hitchcock’s “North by Northwest” as LaBeouf plays a man accused of a crime he didn’t commit, it remains one of the best movies of 2008 for teen boys thanks to the car chases and explosions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.