Curious about the 10 best movies about art? A good movie can totally change the way you look at life. These movies will change the way you look at art; in fact, they are the best movies about art ever made.
- "Pollock" Widely considered one of the best movies about art of the early 21st century, Ed Harris brings Jackson Pollock to life in this stunning biopic.
- "Basquiat" One mega art star of the 1980s, Julian Schnabel, directed this biopic about another, Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- "The Da Vinci Code" Tom Hanks brings the famous novel by Dan Brown to life.
- "Girl with a Pearl Earring" The life of the Dutch Baroque painter Vermeer is the subject of this great biopic, co-starring the lovely Scarlett Johansson.
- "I Shot Andy Warhol" Lily Taylor stars as Valerie Solanas, in the best movie about the art scene surrounding Warhol.
- "Klimt" John Malkovich stars in what is probably the best movie about art in the 19th century.
- "Goya’s Ghosts" This film explores the tumultuous existence of Goya, a Spanish painter from the late 18th century.
- "Modigliani" Never heard of Modigliani? You will after watching this inspired film about one of Picasso’s early rivals!
- "The Driller Killer" A cross between a trashy horror film and a social documentary on the downtown Manhattan art scene, "The Driller Killer" is one of the best movies about art that also manages to scare you and make you laugh at the same time. It involves a deranged New York painter who, out of frustration, takes out his anger on unsuspecting victims using the power tool in question.
- "Surviving Picasso" One master of his art plays another; Anthony Hopkins stars as Pablo Picasso in this under-known film, which is nevertheless one of the best movies about art.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.