If you're looking for the 10 best movies about couples, then look no further. Hollywood has presented us with so many couples throughout cinematic history, but only so many of them have been memorable. From Jack and Rose, Romeo and Juliet, to Rocky and Adrian, these cinematic couples have made it through thick and thin – be it natural disasters, gangs, moral issues, lies and deceit, terrorists, high school, and even death itself. These movie couples serve as an inspiration for every relationship.
- "Titanic" . Who would have ever thought that a worthwhile love story would come out of a disaster film? James Cameron's epic all-time Academy Award winner presents Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio as two lovers who find themselves trapped on the ship's ill-fated voyage. The film cleverly manages to set up the disaster as the backdrop of the central love story.
- "Hitch". This movie is all about couples. It literally makes the subject its own personal business. In this romantic comedy, Will Smith's job as the date doctor, Hitch, is to make couples happen. The film sets itself apart from other romantic comedies and couples films with its originality and fun concept. Will Smith and Eva Mendes show great chemistry.
- "Rocky". It may be a romance wrapped up within a Cinderella-stylized sports tale, but this is a pure case of the blue collar underdog falling for the shy girl. It seems like an unlikely match, but these two lovers fall hard and support each other. Rocky and Adrian make for a great example of the working class couple who succeed in their relationship.
- "Dirty Dancing". This is as good as couples movies gets. This is a fine example of a perfect match made in heaven – the innocent Jennifer Grey learning the ropes of dancing with bad boy Patrick Swayze. The chemistry here is top notch and their dancing will send chills down your spine. This couple takes many risks for romance.
- "When Harry Met Sally". This couple makes it through thick and thin. Starting out as best friends, these two develop the most complicated relationship ever depicted on screen. The biggest running theme of the film is whether or not men and women can be friends. Harry and Sally share a fantastic sense of humor in the film.
- "10 Things I Hate About You". Who says high school couples can't have a serious romance? Troubled bad boy Patrick Verona and the difficult and uninterested Kat Stratford end up getting together for all the bad reasons. However, this film works impossible magic that you wouldn't even think possible between two people.
- "Ghost". Moments of sensuality and romance dominate this film from top to bottom. Patrick Swayze's Sam and Demi Moore's Molly are both mesmerizing as a couple, even after Sam dies in the beginning. This is a classic tale of a woman struggling with the death of her soulmate.
- "Romeo and Juliet". Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes star as the titular characters in this modern-day retelling of the classic tale which originated from the popular William Shakespeare story of the same name. This re-imagining serves its purpose well as it reinvents the romantic tragedy for a younger and more modern-day audience.
- "True Lies". Action flicks can have memorable couples too. In fact, a marriage serves as the basis of the plot for James Cameron's 'True Lies'. Schwarzenegger plays a spy who suspects his wife is cheating so he puts his efforts into investigating the matter. It all turns into a full-blown adventure for the two of them, bringing their marriage closer than before.
- "Dream A Little Dream". Known as one of the best films done by Corey Haim and Corey Feldman, 'Dream A Little Dream' is a dark high school tale of a married couple's bodies mistakingly switching with two high school students who couldn't possibly be together. This is an inspiring couples movie that depicts Feldman's character as a grown man trapped in a teen's body who will go the distance for his soulmate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.