Many people love movies about dancing and now you can learn about 10 best movies about dance. These are some of the movies that showcase dancing in the best way. Whether it's ballet, freestyle or showgirl style; there's something for everyone with these 10 best movies about dance.
- "Step Up" (2006) This movie about a street dancer and a professional dancer spawned a few sequels due to its success. It stars Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan.
- "Save the Last Dance" (2001) Starring Julia Stiles, this movie is about a ballet dancer that moves to Chicago and learns street dance from her new boyfriend and his sister. It's a good girl meets bad boy type of movie and showcases different forms of dance.
- "Center Stage" (2000) This movie was a realistic depiction of ballet dancers. It focused on a group of dancers from different backgrounds that are attending the American Ballet Academy in New York City.
- "Dirty Dancing" (1987) Starring Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey, this is a story about a girl that is attending camp with her family who meets the bad boy that works there. He teaches her about life and dance.
- "Saturday Night Fever" (1977) This is a movie about a young man who becomes the king of disco in his town. It stars John Travolta in one of his most famous roles ever.
- "Footloose" (1984) This is the story of a teen that moves to a small town where dancing is prohibited. His romance with the preacher's daughter only complicates matters. It stars Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer, John Lithgow and Sarah Jessica Parker.
- "Black Swan" (2010) Starring Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, this is the story of a young ballet dancer that believes she must be perfect. It is a psychological thriller and focuses on Natalie Portman's character and her belief that everyone is out to get her.
- "Showgirls" (1995) Starring Elizabeth Berkley, Kyle MacLachlan and Gina Gershon, "Showgirls" is about a dancer that comes to Vegas to be a star. She learns about pushing her way to the top and how things are not all that they seem.
- "Flashdance" (1983) This is a movie about a woman that has a day job as a welder and a night job as an exotic dancer. What she really wants is to get into ballet school. It stars Jennifer Beals.
- "Billy Elliot" (2000) This is a movie about a young boy in Ireland that loves dance but is caught in the middle of his family and his love for dancing. It spawned a successful Broadway play by the same name.
There is your list of 10 best movies about dance so you can see which ones you may have missed or which ones are already a favorite. If you love dance, you'll love some of these movies on the list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.