If you love watching movie that show real life stories about drug addiction, you can learn about 10 best movies about drug addiction and maybe find a movie you haven't seen or have always wondered about. These are some of the best movies about drug addiction and now you can learn all about them.
- "Drugstore Cowboy" (1989) – Matt Dillon and Kelly Lynch star as part of a group of friends that start to sell drugs to support their growing habit and it showcases how things can get out of control.
- "The Boost" (1988) – James Woods and Sean Young is a couple that become quite successful in California, but their new lifestyle includes drugs and they eventually lose it all.
- "Candy" (2006) – Starring Heath Ledger, this movie depicts a couple that become addicted to drugs and how it affects their lives together under these circumstances.
- "Rush" (1991) – Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jason Patric star as a couple of Texas law enforcement agents that go undercover in a high school to help catch drug dealers but become addicted to the same drugs they are trying to help wipe out.
- "Requeim for a Dream" (2000) – Ellen Burnstyn, Jared Leto and Jennifer Connelly star as a group of people that are addicted to pain killers and heroin. This movie focuses on multiple addictions even though it may seem that the focus is on the son and his girlfriend.
- "Blow" (2001) – Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz play a couple that were part of the start of the drug trade of cocaine in the 1970's.
- "Trainspotting" (1996) – Ewan McGregor and Jonny Lee Miller star as a couple of heroin addicts with this unique look at drug addiction. It was directed by Danny Boyle and it one of the more original movies about drug addiction.
- "The Basketball Diaries" (1995) – Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, this is an earlier role from him as a young basketball player that succumbs to drug addiction and its pitfalls.
- "Maria Full of Grace" (2004) – Catalina Sandino Moreno stars as a teen from Columbia that agrees to become a drug mule in order to help out her family.
- "Less Than Zero" (1987) – This movie stars Andrew McCarthy, Jami Gertz and Robert Downey, Jr as a group of friends from elite families and their spiral into drug addiction. It shows the cost of doing drugs and how it can affect anyone no matter how much money you have.
Hopefully you enjoyed this list of the best movies about drug addiction. It's a subjective list, but one that is pretty extensive for this type of movie genre and perhaps you will find it useful in your search of awesome movies about drug addiction.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!