The 10 best movies about family are movies that show us the dynamics that make up a family. Whether it be a drama, comedy, or a mixture of both, these movies really know how to portray everything that makes up a family.
- "The Godfather" A very well known gangster movie about a family in the mob, starring Al Pacino. "The Godfather" was so successful that it became a triology.
- "Christmas Vacation" It seems like Christmas brings out the best in families in this comedystarring Chevy Chase. One of the funniest of the ten best movies about family.
- "Meet the Parents" Ben Stiller plays a Jewish male nurse trying to win the approval of his girlfriend's parents in this slapstick comedy.
- "Cheaper by the Dozen" A movie that portrays a family with twelve crazy kids and how their parents survive. It stars Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt. This movie is another hilarious comedy in the ten best movies about family.
- "Four Christmases" Yet another Christmas comedy in the ten best movies about family. This one stars Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn who play a couple who got stuck traveling to different family Christmas parties that they have been able to avoid for many years.
- "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" A comedy about a girl feeling trapped in her large Greek family. She is expected to keep Greek traditions going.
- "Ordinary People" One of the few dramas in the ten best movies about family. It stars Donald Sutherland. He plays a father whose accidental death of his older son deeply strains the families relationship.
- "Yours, Mine and Ours" Another large family comedy in the ten best movies about family. It is about two huge families that come together to create total chaos.
- "Everybody's Fine" In this film, Robert De Niro plays a widower who tries to improve his relationships with his adult children.
- "Up in the Air" This movie stars George Clooney who plays a single man. He has no desire to see his family and prefers to spend his life traveling for business. This drama is a unique entry for one of the ten best movies about family.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Cooking With Booze: Stiegl Radler Crockpot Carnitas
Perfect hot-weather tacos, with pork simmered in summer beer.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
Lucy Kicks Ass, Metaphysics, Logic
If you are willing to relax, get on board and tweak your suspension-of-disbelief meter to 11, it’s not the worst way to spend 89 minutes.