The 10 best movies about family are movies that show us the dynamics that make up a family. Whether it be a drama, comedy, or a mixture of both, these movies really know how to portray everything that makes up a family.
- "The Godfather" A very well known gangster movie about a family in the mob, starring Al Pacino. "The Godfather" was so successful that it became a triology.
- "Christmas Vacation" It seems like Christmas brings out the best in families in this comedystarring Chevy Chase. One of the funniest of the ten best movies about family.
- "Meet the Parents" Ben Stiller plays a Jewish male nurse trying to win the approval of his girlfriend's parents in this slapstick comedy.
- "Cheaper by the Dozen" A movie that portrays a family with twelve crazy kids and how their parents survive. It stars Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt. This movie is another hilarious comedy in the ten best movies about family.
- "Four Christmases" Yet another Christmas comedy in the ten best movies about family. This one stars Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn who play a couple who got stuck traveling to different family Christmas parties that they have been able to avoid for many years.
- "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" A comedy about a girl feeling trapped in her large Greek family. She is expected to keep Greek traditions going.
- "Ordinary People" One of the few dramas in the ten best movies about family. It stars Donald Sutherland. He plays a father whose accidental death of his older son deeply strains the families relationship.
- "Yours, Mine and Ours" Another large family comedy in the ten best movies about family. It is about two huge families that come together to create total chaos.
- "Everybody's Fine" In this film, Robert De Niro plays a widower who tries to improve his relationships with his adult children.
- "Up in the Air" This movie stars George Clooney who plays a single man. He has no desire to see his family and prefers to spend his life traveling for business. This drama is a unique entry for one of the ten best movies about family.
As you have probably figured out, we love comedy. And watching comedy flicks is a favorite of ours. However, not all the ...
Okay, we know the holiday season is over, but A Christmas Story and It’s a Wonderful Life is still seared in our brains ...
Getting acquainted with your girlfriend’s family can be scary, but you can turn scary into a full-fledged horror show by ...