10 Best Movies About Lesbians
There are numerous movies out there about lesbians, from indie films to major productions, but these are the 10 best movies about lesbians! These ten best movies about lesbians will have you laughing, crying, and raving about the brilliant cinematic pieces that portray lesbian lifestyles. Here are the ten best movies about lesbians:
- "But I'm a Cheerleader". "But I'm a Cheerleader" is a hilarious, entertaining film about lesbians, and certainly one of the best movies about lesbians, with a brilliant cast including Natasha Lyonne as the main character, a cheerleader named Megan Bloomfield, who is sent away by her parents, with help of her friends who believe she is a lesbian, to go to a camp to "turn her straight." RuPaul is another favorite cast-member who plays Mike, an ex-gay, who works at the camp, True Directions.
- "Better Than Chocolate". "Better Than Chocolate" tells the story of Maggie, played by Karyn Dwyer, who finds out that her mother and brother will be moving in her apartment with her just as she meets Kim, played by Christina Cox, who she ends up falling for, and the complications, comedy, and romance ensue.
- "Bound". "Bound" features a stellar cast and a great storyline, making it one of the best movies about lesbians. In "Bound", Corky, an ex-con played by Gina Gershon, meets Violet, a woman, played by Jennifer Tilly, who is seeking to escape her mobster boyfriend. Corky and Tilly begin an affair and devise a plan to scheme Mafia money.
- "Gia". One of the best movies about lesbians, "Gia", is based on the story of the beautiful, lesbian model Gia Carangi, who is played by Angelina Jolie in the film. Gia's life story is one of many highs and lows, as you will see in the film, which is although, at times more loosely, based on Gia Carangi's life story.
- "Imagine Me & You". "Imagine Me & You" tells the comedic story of a mishap wedding. The bride, Rachel, played by Piper Perabo, falls for Luce, played by Lena Heady, at her very own wedding, and their bond begins, but only the film will tell what becomes of their bond.
- "If These Walls Could Talk 2". A sequel to HBO's first made for television film, "If These Walls Could Talk 2", tells the story of three different stories of women who all lived in the same house at different times and who were all lesbians. The film follows the women through testing moments in each of their lives and features a brilliant cast, including Vanessa Redgrave, Chloë Sevigny, Ellen DeGeneres, Sharon Stone, and Michelle Williams.
- "Loving Annabelle". "Loving Annabelle" is yet another one of the best movies about lesbians. The film centers around Annabelle, played by Erin Kelly, and Miss Simone Bradley, played by Diana Gaidry. Miss Simone Bradley is a poetry teacher at Annabelle's all-girls school, and the two women entangle in an affair that is sure to have consequences.
- "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love". "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love" tells the first love between two teenage girls, Randy, played by Laurel Holloman, and Evie, played by Nicole Parker. Randy and Evie, although opposites in many ways, have an adventurous, entertaining, and often hilarious romance in this awesome lesbian film.
- "All Over Me". "All Over Me" focuses on the relationship between two best frields, Claude, played by Alison Folland, and Ellen, played by Tara Subkoff, and features an incredibly soundrack with artists like Ani DiFranco, Sleater-Kinney, Babes in Toyland, and the Patti Smith Group.
- "High Art". The last on this list of the best movies about lesbians, "High Art" tells of Syd, an assistant editor at an art magazine played by Radha Mitchell who meets her upstairs neighbor, Lucy, played by Ally Sheedy, and Greta, played by Patricia Clarkson, who are girlfriends. An attraction builds between art director Syd and Lucy, who is a heroin addicted photographer, and the entanglements of their careers and relationship build in this captivating film about lesbians.