When it comes to choosing the 10 best nature videos, there could be a number of subcategories. The best movies about nature vs. humans, or the best movies about nature conservation, for examples. Nature can both be deadly and vulnerable. This list of the 10 best movies about nature contains a little of them all.
- "Ferngully: The Last Rainforest" (1992) In this movie about nature, Crysta is a fairy who, with the help of a human, has to save the rainforest from Hexus, a creature of pollution and destruction. Not only does this movie teach a great lesson about protecting rainforests, but it also has Robin Williams doing the voice of the amusing Batty Koda and Tim Curry voicing Hexus with his deep, evil voice.
- "Pocahontas" (1995) Pocahontas, not Avatar, belongs on this list of best movies about nature. Although both are the same story, Pocahontas came first. This Disney movie completely changes the true life story of Pocahontas, but still makes for a great movie about the importance of nature and how it cannot be owned.
- "Princess Mononoke" (1997) This Japanese film from Studio Ghibli is one of the best movies about nature. Ashitaki finds himself in the middle of a war between a forest and a mining colony. What makes this Hayao Miyazaki film so wonderful is how neither side appear to be the bad guys. It is easy to understand how they both feel about the situation.
- "Naussicaä of the Valley of the Wind" (1984) Another Studio Ghibli-Hayao Miyazaki film on this list of the best movies about nature. Naussicaä lives in a world after a nuclear holocaust where the forest is considered toxic and dangerous. Naussicaä learns that the forest is really trying to help, and she must try and prevent the humans from destroying the forest.
- "Into the Wild" (2007) This is an amazing, but heartbreaking, movie about nature, made all the more harrowing because it is a true story. Chris McClandess gives up everything to travel across the country and into the Alaskan wild. Along the way, he meets interesting people and experiences parts of nature that few every get to see. It is a great film about how nature is beautiful but also deadly.
- "Bambi" (1942) This classic Disney movie definitely deserves a spot on this list of the best movies about nature. Bambi is a small deer, the prince of the forest, but men enter his home wanting to kill and destroy. Bambi and his friends must escape and try to survive. This movie also gave us the word "twiterpated" and taught us all about the importance of eating your greens.
- "The Adventures of the Wilderness Family" (1975) This film actually became a trilogy and tells the story of a family who left city life to live in the middle of the Colorado wilderness. Their only connection to the outside world is a radio and food delivered by plane every now and then. Their only friends are an old, slightly crazy, man named Boomer and his pet bear named Samson. It's a delightful family film about living the simple, although sometimes dangerous, life.
- "March of the Penguins" (2005) Let's face it: the penguins are cute. This documentary became a huge hit in the US with its story about penguin life and love. It is a movie about nature, real nature, that struck a cord with everyone and even spawned several spoofs. Not only does it teach us about penguin life, but it also discusses the effect of global warming.
- "Twister" (1996) This movie made the list of the best movies about nature because of its realistic graphics and because it taught us how dangerous it is to learn about those unpredictable tornadoes. Tornadoes are an amazing look at man versus nature, and our struggle to survive and learn.
- "The Incredible Journey" (1963) Remade in 1993 with voice actors, "The Incredible Journey" is the story of three pets trying to find their way home through the wilderness. The original movie had little conversation, because the dogs and cat don't talk, but it still made for an amazing movie. Every child would watch this movie and cry, and most likely, every adult would too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.