10 Best Movies About Weddings
Whether you are wanting to daydream about a far distant future or want some entertainment while you plan your wedding, here are the 10 best movies about weddings. Consider this list for your own entertainment. It can also be a great starting point for setting up a gift basket for a bridal shower. A lot of wedding movies tend to be on the comedic side. With so much material to laugh at for the wedding process, it's hard to resist. Yet, some of these movies delve into its serious side as well. Here's a list of some great wedding movies that you can enjoy again and again.
- "Father of the Bride" is one of the best movies ever made about weddings. The 1991 re-make with Steve Martin, Diane Keaton and Kimberly Williams will leave you howling with laughter. The comedy is clean and carefree, and the film is as rich and gorgeous as any Nancy Meyers movie can be. A bit of movie trivia: Nancy Meyers and Charles Shyer made this film when they were together, and their two daughters have cameos in the wedding.
- "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was a successful, over-the-top movie that started small. Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson saw the play and wanted to make it into a movie. The results are irresistible fun, a wonderful movie about a wedding that will leave you feeling good.
- "Runaway Bride" is a movie that reunited stars Richard Gere and Julia Roberts as on screen loves. Julia plays a character who cannot seem to walk down the aisle, despite making plans to do so. Yet it becomes a movie about a wedding.
"Mamma Mia" is a movie musical about the wedding planning of Sophie. It stars Meryl Streep as the mom to young Sophie and it features the music of "Mamma Mia" throughout the whole film.
- "Honeymoon in Vegas" is a great, lighthearted comedy about the path of a couple's love in Vegas. Although this wedding isn't a traditional one, it's a beautiful and fun love story and wedding.
"Four Weddings and a Funeral" is an irresistible English film. It's a comedic drama about the lives of friends and the events that define and take up time in our lives. It's a must-see for those planning a wedding.
- "The Birdcage" is another movie that a couple will want to see while planning a wedding. Starring the irrepressible Robin Williams, it's a great, unconventional comedy about the best and worst of times in wedding designing and planning.
- "The Wedding Planner" is a movie starring Jennifer Lopez as the planner who falls in love with a groom. A big no-no of wedding planners everywhere, the movie provides a lot of laughs and some great comedic performances.
- "The Wedding Singer" is an Adam Sandler comedy. He plays a lovable wedding singer who falls for Drew Barrymore's character. He gives hilarious musical performances and he also touches your heart with this strong, loving character.
- "27 Dresses" tells the story of a woman who has been a bridesmaid 27 times. Although she has clear plans for own wedding, including wearing her late mother's wedding dress, she has no wedding of her own in sight. Instead, she has a huge collection of wedding dresses. When this is exposed in a newspaper story, however, her life changes forever. It's a great wedding movie, one that should make any list of wedding movies.