Here are the 10 best movies that came out in 2005. With all the movies that come out every year, it's easy to forget about good movies that have been released in years past.
- "The 40 Year Old Virgin" – "The 40 Year Old Virgin" was an instant hit when it was released. This movie is where actor Steve Carell gained his popularity. "The 40 Year Old Virgin" has a universal appeal to men and women alike.
- "The Chronicles of Narnia" - While "The Chronicles of Narnia" is pegged as a children's movie, it's still one of the best movies of 2005. The cinematography is stunning, and the special effects are out of this world.
- "Walk the Line" – "Walk the Line" is the story of Johnny Cash. The music in the movie is impressive and the story is captivating. "Walk the Line" gives life to the true story of country great, Johnny Cash.
- "Brokeback Mountain" – "Brokeback Mountain" caused a lot of controversy when it was released in 2005. The movie is a love story of two gay cowboys. Controversy or not, "Brokeback Mountain" remains one of the best movies of 2005.
- "Memoirs of a Geisha" - "Memoirs of a Geisha" was inspired by the book of the same name. A girl and her sister are sold to separate geisha houses when they are young. The story follows one girl through her struggle to be the best geisha around, and then through the fall of the current way of life. One of the best movies of 2005, "Memoirs of a Geisha" is a must-see.
- "Cinderella Man" - "Cinderella Man" is without a doubt one of the best movies of 2005. The title is the nickname of heavyweight champion, James J. Braddock. Braddock is forced to quit boxing when he breaks his hand during a fight. With America entering the Great Depression, Braddock is forced to rely on the unpredictable manual labor to pay the bills. He has the opportunity to begin boxing again, and makes himself a legend.
- "Hide and Seek" - Something that makes "Hide and Seek" one of the best movies of 2005 is the cast. The movie stars Robert DeNiro and Dakota Fanning. What makes the movie unique are the twists and turns that the plot takes throughout the movie.
- "The Wedding Date" - This movie is one of the best date movies of 2005. It's an appealing movie without being too feminine. There's plenty of eye candy to enjoy for both sexes.
- "Waiting…"- "Waiting…" is probably the best comedy released in 2005. It's filled with crude humor, but sometimes that's the best kind. If nothing else, "Waiting…" will certainly make you think twice about being rude to your waiter ever again.
- "Elizabethtown" – "Elizabethtown" is the best romantic comedy movie of 2005. Starring the super star cast of Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst, this is a unique movie. Bloom's character is forced to grow and learn and accept change throughout the movie, due in large part to Dunst's eccentric character.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.