If a movie marathon is in order after a bad relationship, then try one of the movies on the list of 10 best movies ever about break ups. Weather you were dumped or you sent your girlfriend packing, a movie can be just what you need. Even if you didn’t just go through a break up, these are still some great movies worth checking out.
- "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (2004) One of the most under-rated movies of all time. This is a darkly funny movie staring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. Carrey and Winslet break-up and both have a procedure to delete the memory of their relationship. This is one of those rare movies that makes you think and laugh at the same time.
- "High Fidelity" (2000) This movie is based off of the novel by Nick Hornby. The film captures the life of the single male. The movie centers around Rob Gordon (John Cusack), who after getting dumped decides to take another look at his love life by visiting his ex’s. The best quote of the movie is, "Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?”
- "Better Off Dead" (1995) If you have just gone through a bad break up, then this is the movie for you. It is the story of Lane Meyer (John Cusack) who gets dumped by Beth (Amanda Wyss) for the captain of the high school ski team, Roy Stalin (Aaron Dozier). Meyer can’t get over the break up so he tries to commit sucide. His attempts always end with hilarious consequences.
- "The Wedding Singer" (1998) This Adam Sandler comedy is a great break up movie. Sandler and Drew Barrymore are always great with each other. The movie is the tale of Robbie Hart (Sandler) who loses girlfriend and with her his faith in his career. In 2006 it was also a musical.
- "The Break-Up" (2006) This movie details the break up of Gary (Vince Vaughn) and Brooke (Jennifer Aniston). The conflict stars when both parties wants to stay at their upscale Chicago condo and they attempt to drive the other out
- "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (2008) This is one of the raunchiest break up movies ever. It’s also a great comedy. The plot centers around composer Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) who gets dumped by actress girlfriend Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell) in the opening scene. The movie is about Bretter’s quest to get over Marshal with a trip to Hawaii only to find that Marshall and her new rock-star boyfriend are staying at the same resort.
- "Breaking Up" (1997) This is the story of Steve (Russell Crowe) and Monica (Salma Hayek), who have a very on again off again relationship. During the movie they decide to get married. It’s a great movie if you’ve just hit one of the low points in your own roller-coaster relationship.
- "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" (2006) Sometimes after a break up you just need to laugh. This movie has a very simple plot. Matt Saunders (Luke Wilson) meets Jenny Johnson (Uma Thurman). She seems great but them becomes crazy. He breaks up with her. She ends up being G-girl the city’s super hero. Super heroes do not like being broken up with.
- "Saving Silverman" (2001) This is another great movie about a bad relationship. It’s the story of Darren Silverman (Jason Biggs) who is engaged to his very controlling girlfriend. To save him from a bad marriage Silverman’s friends kidnaps his girlfriend. Leaving him free to rediscover his long lost love.
- "Close" (2004) This is one of those break up movies that makes you examine every relationship you’ve ever been in. Sometimes that’s just what you need. It centers around the love lives for four different people. The story has lots of different plot lines that are very real life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.