10 Best Movies For Families
The 10 best movies for families will entertain adults and kids alike. These movies are fun, enjoyable and suitable for all ages, and are certain to make any family's evening joyful.
- "Up." Despite the somewhat sad opening, this movie is truly a gem. Parents will melt at the devotion between the elderly couple and the grouchy old man’s burgeoning affection for the little boy caught on his doorstep. The movie’s creativity will spark every viewer’s imagination. Because it is truly a movie both young and old can enjoy, “Up” is one of the best movies for families.
- "The Little Mermaid." This timeless classic is both treacherous and joyful. Almost every child will try to mimic Ariel’s singing, but that doesn’t mean they won’t also hide when Ursula appears. “The Little Mermaid” is a great family movie.
- "The Original Star Wars." This movie may be one of your favorites, but youngsters will love this imaginative futuristic film. The outdated violence won’t be too scary for kids, and they’ll also be able to follow the rather easy plot. “Star Wars” is one of the best movies for families.
- "Honey, I Shrunk the Kid." Your kids will easily relate to a movie in which the kids are pint sized in a huge world. Funny but without the cheesy humor, this family film will be a hit on any Saturday night.
- "Annie." The story of an orphan desperately seeking a home, “Annie” is a classic family movie. Even the most non-musical watchers will get into the fun and energetic songs. “Annie” is one of the best for family movie nights.
- "Meet the Robinsons." This movie is creative both in its development and its plot. You and your kids will love the seemingly nonsensical plot that never seems to slow down. The recent movie is a great family film.
- "A Christmas Story." This holiday classic is great any time of the year, but particularly so when it’s snowy outside. The story provides laughs for you and your children, and the adult jokes become even more hilarious over time. “A Christmas Story” is one of the best family movies.
- "Back to the Future." While adults may snicker at the fact that this movie is set in 2015, that doesn’t make it any less awesome. “Back to the Future” is one of the few family movies focusing on real people. Don’t be surprised if your kids demand to watch the other installments of this family-friendly film.
- "Wall-E." A subtly humorous film, “Wall-E” somehow manages to make inanimate objects have feelings. The idea of a futuristic world run entirely from a chair is silly, but the character’s affection is not. “Wall-E” is one of the best family movies.
- "The Blind Side." This recently released movie is less silly, but still humorous. Its plot will teach your children about the importance of giving selfishly and probably make you tear up a little. With great football scenes, “The Blind Side” is a wonderful family movie.
Posted on: Dec. 23, 2010