Being aware of the 10 best movies rated PG comes in handy when you are renting movies for your entire family to view, or you just personally prefer films without a lot of foul language, sex, and violence. These box office blockbusters are 10 of the best movies that are rated PG, in a variety of genres, and should fulfill your entertainment needs, no matter who is in the room.
- "E.T. : The Extra-Terrestrial" This timeless tale about a young boy's friendship with an alien lost on Earth is a movie that should be passed down from generation to generation. It truly speaks from a child's point of view, addressing issues such as abandonment, wanting to belong, acceptance, and unconditional love, reminding adults that they were once a child too.
- "Star Wars" If you have never heard of this movie, or even worse, have never seen it, then I invite you to see for yourself what all the hype has been about for the last several decades. This science fiction fantasy film achieved mind-blowing visual tricks way before computers did most of the work, creating an entire universe of characters that we keep wanting to revisit.
- "Back to the Future" Yes, science fiction can be funny, and this time-traveling, PG-rated comedy starring Michael J. Fox captures the 1980's without feeling awkward to watch all these years later. Who wouldn't want to see what their parents were like as teenagers – face to face?
- "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" This is a rated PG movie that mixes animation with live action, including a whole host of classic Warner Brother cartoon characters as well. Roger Rabbit's girlfriend Jessica might be, hands-down, the sexiest cartoon in the history of animation – sorry Betty Boop.
- "The Goonies" Just like "E.T." accurately captures the characteristics of a child, "The Goonies" is picture-perfect with it's take on being a pre-teen, bored on a rainy Saturday afternoon, looking for adventure. This must be one of the most fun, rated PG treasure hunts that the whole family can watch together.
- "Shrek" The green ogre that took pop culture by storm has gone on to star in several sequels, but you can't go wrong with the original "Shrek." Even though it is rated PG, there are enough gags and humor for adults to appreciate, without anything too tasteless to worry about having to cover your children's eyes and ears.
- "Ghost Busters" Watching Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd hunt down ghosts in New York City is a comedic experience that satisfies time and time again. What could be more funny then a giant marsh-mellow man?
- "Raiders of the Lost Ark" This may be the most violent of the 10 rated PG movies on this list, but the story is interesting enough. and Indiana Jones is an entertaining enough character to let that slide. This archeology professor turned artifact-seeker gets out of some amazing jams in this Steven Spielberg-directed classic.
- "Home Alone" This is one of the great Christmas movies, the one that made child actor Macaulay Culkin a star, and a millionaire. Watching this kid defend his home from burglars is comedy for any time of the year.
- "Gremlins" If you are looking for a beginners horror movie for your family, something that isn't an intense slasher flick, and has some humor infused into the mix, try "Gremlins." When a cute pet transforms into a vast amount of grotesque monsters, a small town is faced with the worst Christmas season ever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.