Wondering what the 10 best movies for teens are? You’ve come to the right place. Teenagers love movies that are fun, and also films that they can relate to. They also may not be ready for movies with extremely mature subject matter, but are too mature for Disney movies made for young children. Some of the best movies for teens are classics, while others are relatively new.
- "Clueless". This 1995 classic starring Alicia Silverstone has been a favorite for teens for over a decade. And just because the main characters are female, does not mean this film is just for girls. Both girls and guys can relate to this fun teen flick.
- "Can’t Hardly Wait". In 1998, this fun teen film hit the theaters and has been a favorite ever since. The movie features fun characters that almost every teen can relate to in one way or another.
- "Varsity Blues". Centered around football and high school, this drama flick is one that most young adults and teenagers connect well with.
- "Grease". Although this film dates all the way back to 1978, it is one of those teen classics that still remains a favorite after all these years.
- "10 Things I Hate About You". Starring Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles, this romantic comedy is a great story about high school, love, and teenage angst.
- "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". One of the classics on the list, this coming of age teen film has been watched by kids all over the world for over twenty years.
- "Heathers". In 1989, Winona Ryder starred in this dark comedy about high school, popularity, and sex appeal. The hunky Christian Slater also stars in the film.
- "Dazed and Confused". This coming of age comedy set in 1976 is a film that may be old school, but offers many aspects that most teens can relate to and enjoy.
- "Friday Night Lights". This drama about a high school football coach and his players has been ranked as number 37 on “Entertainment Weekly” Best High School Movies.
- "The Breakfast Club". This 1980’s cult classic is a must-see for all teenagers. The story revolves around several high school students from different social groups and backgrounds.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.