If you're confused about what to do with your significant other, you need this list of the 10 best movies to watch on a date. The following movies are a few fun selections that are guaranteed to get you and your partner in the mood. Try out some of the best movies to watch on a date and watch the romance flourish.
- "Hitch" This romantic comedy starring Will Smith is about a matchmaker who just can't seem to find the one is one of the best movies to watch on a date. The acting is funny and the story is light enough for anyone to enjoy. It's not too heavy-handed and your date won't be in tears of sorrow by the end of the movie.
- "Spellbound" This documentary about the National Spelling Bee might be one of the cutest movies to come out in a while, making it one of the best movies to watch on a date. The kids are each enrapturing in their own way and you and your date won't be able to stop cheering for them when they take the stage.
- "Casino Royale" James Bond movies are always great when it comes to romance and this reboot of the titular character is no different. Guys will love the bevy of beautiful women and ladies will love Daniel Craig spending half of the movie shirtless. It's an instant crowd pleaser!
- "In The Mood For Love" Hong Kong director Wong Kar Wai is known for his visually lush shots and deeply sexual undertones and this movie does not disappoint. A journalist and his neighbor find out their spouses are having an affair with one another and are thus drawn together by a mutual illegitimacy. It's one of the steamiest movies to watch on a date that will definitely get the two of you in the mood.
- "Jurassic Park" A moving score, a great sci-fi story and plenty of dinosaurs makes one of the best movies of all time and one of the best movies to watch on a date. You're going for the nostalgia factor here, so this is a great way to make your date feel good.
- "The Triplets Of Belleville" This is a more avant-garde selection, so if your date is artsy, they will love it. A fantastical journey through industrial France with a great soundtrack and almost no spoken dialog, this is a great movie to watch on a date because it will get the conversation going. Don't get put off by the slightly creepy art style; this one's a keeper!
- "Chungking Express" Another selection from Wong Kar Wai, this is a movie that paints the city of Hong Kong as a surreal landscape and a Technicolor playground. The parallel stories of love lost and love gained are sure to please, though the movie is a bit absurdist, so this is one of the best movies to watch on a date if you're partner is into a great conversation following the end credits.
- "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Who doesn't love Indiana Jones? Action, comedy and romance are all a part of this Nazi-punching joyride, showcasing Harrison Ford at his finest. This is definitely one of the best movies to watch on a date!
- "Shrek" The story is sweet yet off-beat, the characters are likeable and it's animated, meaning that it's easy to stomach. Say what you will about the sequels, you cannot deny that the original "Shrek" is easily one of the best movies to watch on a date.
- "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" Some call it deep, others call it pretentious, but you cannot argue with Gondry's distinct visual style and Carrey's amazing acting. The story is sharp and the dialog is poignant, making it one of the best movies to watch on a date.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.