New rap artists are writing excellent lyrics, here are the 10 best new school rap lyrics. Biggie Smalls and Snoop Dogg started showing how rap lyrics can be an art and the new school artists are stepping up with great rhymes of their own. Rap music lives through new artists coming into popularity with their own artistry.
- “Lights is blinding, girls need blinders so they can step out of bounds quick, the sidelines is lined with casualties, who sip to life casually.” The first of the best new school rap lyrics comes from Jay-Z and Alicia Key’s song “Empire State of Mind.” This song blew up the charts and became a NYC anthem.
- “You dream of trading places, I have been changing faces. You cannot fill these shoes, there is too much to lose.”Off Eminiem's 2010 album, "Recovery" comes the song "Almost Famous." The song contains some of the most poignant and best new school rap lyrics around, touching on Eminem's well documented love/hate relationship with the music industry.
- “I’m not lovin’ you the way I wanted to, What I had to do, had to run from you. I’m in love with you but the vibe is wrong and that haunted me the whole way home.” From Kanye West’s immensely popular song “Love Lockdown” comes these lyrics about a relationship that can never be. This song shows rap's softer side.
- “There’s no mercy for me, no crying in my sleep. No mercy for me, nightmares have become my dreams.” T.I’s song “No Mercy” brings us some of the best new school rap lyrics around in a song about the artist’s legal troubles and fear of life in prison.
- “I make it snow, I make it flurry. I make it out alright tomorrow, don’t worry.”From Lil’ Wayne’s song “Got Money” featuring T-Pain comes some of the funniest and best new school lyrics around. This whimsical tune reminded us that rap can have a sense of humor.
- “You know a lot of girls be thinkin’ my songs are about them. This is not to get confused, this one’s for you.” The song that catapulted Drake to superstardom, “Best I Ever Had” is also the song that contains some of the best new school rap lyrics written. A romantic tune for his lady love, this hard rap song is a softy in the center.
- “Okay, I’m reloaded. The homey, Elvis Presley and Rick Ross teen. Be back, I’m back. I’m back. It’s nowhere to go.” Rick Ross gives us this tune called “All I have in this World” in which he lets us know what he’s got now that he’s a big time rapper. After struggling to gain popularity for years, this song is a call of triumph after finally succeeding.
- “Flirtatious, tryin’ to show patience. Looking for the right time to shoot my steam. Waiting for the right time to flash them keys.”From Nelly’s hugely popular hit “Hot In Here” comes these best new school rap lyrics. This song defined the summer of 2002.
- “Growin up project-stuck, lookin’ for luck dreamin’. Scopin’ the large niggaz beamin’, check what I’m seein’.” From Nas’ song “Street Dreams” about growing up in the projects and making it big in the music business. These lyrics remind us what Nas and many other rappers had to overcome before making it big in the music industry.
- “You run and tell your friends that you’re leavin’ me. They say that they don’t see what you see in me. You wait a couple months then you gon’ see, you’ll never find nobody better than me.” These lyrics from Kanye West’s immensely popular hit, “Heartless” are some of the best new school rap lyrics around. This song saw several covers from artists across many genres of music and reminded us that rap can grow from classic musicality.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.