Here are the 10 best nude women athletes. “Playboy” has always had a love affair with nude women athletes. Women from all sports, ranging from golf to tennis to professional wrestling, have graced the pages of the magazine. The issues with famous female athletes usually sell a record number of issues thanks to America’s fascination with the naked body.
- Gabrielle Reece – Gabrielle Reece was a nude athlete in “Playboy” in January 2001. Reese competed in volleyball at Florida State from 1987 to 1990. In 1993, Reese was Nike’s first female cross-training spokesperson. She appeared in TV ads with Bo Jackson and began competing in a pro beach volleyball league in 1993. She played in the league from 1993 to 1997.
- Katarina Witt – Katarina Witt was a nude athlete in “Playboy” in December 1998. Witt was a German figure skater who won two Gold Medals. The first medal was in the 1984 Olympics and the second in 1988. She also won World Championships in 1984, 1985, 1987 and 1988.
- Torrie Wilson – Torrie Wilson is one of many WWE Divas to appear in “Playboy.” Wilson graced the cover of “Playboy” in May 2003 and then once again in 2004. Wilson competed in both WCW and the WWE after winning the Ms. Galaxy Nova model competition in 1998.
- Amanda Beard – Amanda Beard first appeared in 1996 at the Olympics at the age of fourteen. She captured two silver medals and as well as a gold in swimming. By 2000, she was a World Champion in the 200-meter breathstroke, which she also held the world record. Beard appeared as a nude athlete the July 2007 issue of “Playboy.”
- Anita Marks - Anita Marks appeared as a nude athlete in the September 2002 issue of “Playboy.” Marks grew up in Florida playing football. She competed in the Collegiate Flag Football league for four years. She graduated with a degree in Communications in 1992. In 1999, she finally got a chance to play football again, this time as quarterback in the Women’s Professional Football League.
- Susen Tiedtke – Susan Tiedtke appeared as a nude athlete in “Playboy” in September 2004 as part of the “Women of the Olympics” pictorial. She is a former Olympian who represented Germany in the 1992 and 2000 Summer Olympics. She tested positive for steroids in 1995 and was banned from competition for four years, explaining her absence in the 1996 games.
- Mia St. John - Boxing sensation Mia St. John appeared in “Playboy” in November 1999. After posing for the issue, St. John went on to win the IBA Continental Lightweight Title, IFBA Lightweight World Title and WBC International Female Welterweight titles.
- Ashley Harkleroad – Many might have assumed Anna Kournikova would be the tennis player to appear in “Playboy” but instead it was Ashley Harkleroad to be a nude athlete in the August 2008 issue. Harkleroad began her professional career in 2000 and is the first US tennis player to pose for “Playboy.”
- Sophie Sandolo - Sophie Sandolo is a former golfer from UCLA who has released nude calendars featuring her in both seminude and nude poses. Sandolo has played on the European Women’s Tour since 1999, winning her first professional event in 2006.
- Rena Mero - While many WWE Divas have appeared in “Playboy,” Rena “Sable” Mero was the first in April 1999. The issue went on to be one of the highest selling “Playboy” issues ever. Rena Mero is now best known as the wife of UFC Champion Brock Lesner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.