Here are the 10 best old school hip-hop songs. Old school hip-hop is about short shorts, barbecues in the park and funky dancing. You have your low-key songs that are great for head nodding and finger snapping and then you have your more adult songs about shaking your tootsie. This list of songs is a blend of both.
- “Me, Myself and I” by De La Soul Trio band De La Soul is known for their eclectic sampling and eccentric lyrics. This song is low-key and is one of the slower old school hip-hop songs.
- “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-a-Lot Welcome to the X-rated side of old school hip-hop. This song is about shaking what your mama gave you and not being ashamed to do so. If you love shaking your body, you will love this song.
- “Push It" by Salt-N-Pepa Trio female hip-hop artists Cheryl James (Salt), Sandra Denton (Pepa) and Deidra Roper were the highlight of the decade in the '80s. This song is edgy and reviving. You don’t need a shot of espresso to get your day started because this song will do the job.
- “Summertime” by Will Smith This is one of the more laid-back old school hip-hop songs that’s perfect for head nodding to its smooth intrinsic rhythm. If you like slow, old school hip-hop, you will love this tune.
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice When you think of Vanilla Ice, you think "Ice Ice Baby." This is probably because this song was the first hip-hop single to top the billboards and it was only one of the best old school hip-hop songs of the '90s. Any fan of old school hip-hop knows this song.
- “I Need a Beat” by LL Cool J LL Cool J is one of the most favorable old school hip-hop artists of the late '80s and early '90s. This song is unique because it fuses hip-hop rhythm and rap beats, giving birth to a unique sound.
- “Tootsie Roll” by 69 Boyz Like the butterfly, the tootsie roll is an old school hip-hop dance that makes everyone love old school hip-hop. This song is about dancing to the tootsie roll.
- “Whoomp! (There It Is)” by Tag Team If you love fast dancing music that you can shake your tootsie to, this song is a perfect fit. It is about the joy of playing basketball and it is great for moving your body.
- “Daisy Dukes” by 69 Boyz Sexy. Hot. Bold. Provoking. This intense song embraces short shorts and shaking your tootsie. The 69 Boyz are known for their bold, edgy lyrics and lively beats, so hold on when you are listening to this song!
"You Can’t Touch This" by MC Hammer MC Hammer is probably one the most well-known old school hip-hop artists and it is this song that lends greatly to his recognition. If you love old school hip-hop, you have to love MC Hammer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?