Everybody loves to sing-along to the 10 best oldies songs of all time. While other songs have been forgotten over the years, certain hits survive in peoples hearts and minds and remain popular with young audiences. The following songs are simply the best oldies of all time.
- "Pretty Woman" Roy Orbison Practically never seen without his shades, Roy was both a good guitarist and a popular crooner. The best of his old songs is "Pretty Woman," which remains popular on jukeboxes around the world and is one of the best songs of all time.
- "Blue Velvet" Bobby Vinton One of the best crooners ever, Bobby Vinton remains popular with fans of oldie music. "Blue Velver" is a romantic ditty about a girl with blue eyes and it is one of the best songs of its era.
- "Respect" Aretha Franklin Aretha made it pretty clear that she was only after one thing, some respect. The powerfully voiced singer was one of the star performers of the '60s and "Respect" was the best of her songs.
- "Stop! In the Name of Love" Supremes The sexy Supremes were part of the Wall of Sound stable and their songs bombarded listeners with noise from every quarter, but it was good noise. This oldies tune sent a message to heart breakers and jilted girls still play it today.
- "Dream Lover" Bobby Darin This song vocalized the thing that had been on guys minds for centuries: a dream lover. Sadly, she didn't show up for Bobby in the song, but it is still one of the best songs of all time.
- "Tears on My Pillow" Little Anthony and The Imperials. Kylie Minogue covered this song in the late '80s but she was no match for Little Anthony. This song tells a sad tale, but that is nothing unusual for an oldie. The emotions are what make oldies goodies.
- "Stay" Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs. Maurice and friends had a hit with this song imploring a girl to stick around a little longer. It sounds like a barbershop quartet and has a few funny high notes, but don't let that deter you from listening to it.
- "Be My Baby" Ronettes. Phil Spector was producing hits like this long before he started fooling with guns. Based on this, he should have stayed with what he was best at. The Ronettes were one of the pioneering girl groups and produced some of the best oldies ever with this as the pick of the bunch.
- "Mr Postman" Marvelettes The postman brings mail to everybody around the nation and nobody ever thought to write a song about him until the Marvelettes came along. The playful song probably got a few postal workers hot under the collar and remains one of the best songs of all time.
- "Big Girls Don't Cry" Frankie Valli Frankie did a better job with this title than Fergie did. Frankie was one of the stars of the '50s and his easy listening classics are the best of the oldies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.