10 Best Paid Apps
Most of the 10 best paid apps are games, probably because of their addictive nature. Most of these paid apps are cheap to download many costs less than a dollar. These apps can provide hours of fun at a good value.
- Angry Birds This is one of the more popular apps. The premise of the app is that the green pigs stole the birds' eggs and the birds are going to do something about it. They let you use a slingshot to hurl birds at the pigs’ houses so they can get their eggs back. All 135 levels are challenging and make for an addictive game.
- Ringtone Designer This is the only utility app on this list of paid apps. Use music from your iPhone to create ringtones. The app makes it easy to choose a clip from a favorite tune. You can also design a different ringtone for everyone in your contact list.
- Resident Evil 4 This app is adapted from the original game on the Nintendo GameCube. In this survival game, you kill zombie to save the daughter of the president. It has realistic shooter gameplay with 3D graphics.
- Iron Man 2 In this game app you can be the War Machine or Iron Man. You stop the villains on a global journey to the soundtrack of the movie. You can run, fly or hover while collecting 25 achievements.
- Fruit Ninja One of the simplest apps, this juicy game allows you to assume the persona as a ninja as you slice through flying fruit while trying to avoid the bombs. You are accompanied by the wise ninja sensei on your journey as you unlock achievements and rack up points.
- Stick Stunt Biker Take the stick figure on a bike ride over a challenging course. It’s fun to race against your ghost. The ghost actually recreates your best race or your last ride. There are, of course, achievements to unlock and high scores to shoot for making the game all the more addictive.
- Doodle Jump Like many block apps, you jump on the platforms going as high as you can. Of course, there are obstacles--such as aliens and holes--you can fall through. The jetpack is fun for jumping on and shooting aliens. The challenge is to beat your last score and compare them with other players online. The monthly updates keep you on your toes.
- Super Mega Worm The premise of this app is that Mother Earth is on the brink of extinction. The great death worm is her last defense. As the worm you try to destroy all of the humans to save the earth. The game is fast and responsive and has 24 levels where you can acquire three super powers and three control schemes.
- Mr. Bill A whole new generation is getting to know Mr. Bill from "Saturday Night Live" fame. In this app, he’s in the circus as a human cannonball. Your job is to launch him into the air until he reaches the end of the adventure. You must avoid the obstacles and eat the right things for energy. There are fourteen levels for the circus and the farm. This is one of the best apps for cartoon graphics and fun sound effects.
- Glee Karaoke Compete by singing to move up the charts. Thankfully the app makes almost anyone sound like they can sing with the “pitch correction” feature. This is one of those apps made for fans of the show, but as others have discovered, it is definitely a step up from singing in the shower.
Posted on: Oct. 23, 2010