10 Best Part-Time Jobs
If you need to supplement your income, check out these 10 best part-time jobs to have in today’s economy. Make money, enjoy the work and improve your skills and marketability.
- Tax preparer. Learn how to file income taxes and you will have a part-time, seasonal job for life. Big companies charge up to several hundred dollars to do tax returns. If you work independently filing taxes, you could make $100 or more per hour. Learning to do income taxes is easy, and classes are available if you need to brush up on your skills.
- Pharmacy technician. America is a pill-popping society. There will always be a need for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Some companies offer on-the-job training, but the salary increases if you become certified.
- Personal trainer. With obesity on the rise, many people are trying to get into shape and are in need of a personal trainer. If you are a fitness buff, become a personal trainer.
- Private tutor. Are you good at math, science or computer technology? Tutoring is a great part-time job. Depending on your academic skills, you could literally write your own paycheck.
- Computer technician. Everyone uses computers, and computers break down, get viruses and malfunction. Work will always be available for computer geeks.
- Receptionist. If you look good in a suit, have a great voice and winning personality, working as a part-time receptionist is a good opportunity. This could be the stepping stone you need to get your foot in the door of a major company.
- Copy editor. Do you like to read and have a strong knowledge of grammar and vocabulary? Then it will be easy for you to catch errors in written materials. Try being a copy editor. Publishing companies as well as internet sites have copy that needs to be edited.
- Motivational speaker. If you are charming and have the gift of gab, go for motivational speaking. It is a great part-time job and the hourly pay is excellent.
- Substitute teacher. As long as you have a degree and a clean background, you qualify to be a substitute teacher. Your busiest days will be Mondays and Fridays. The job is easy and usually pays between $100 and $150 per day.
- Library assistant. Libraries are interesting places to hang out. The environment is clean and you get to read great books and magazines when the work load is slow. Thus, you will never get bored working part-time in the library. The pay is sometimes low, but the job is easy and stress-free.
Stop worrying about the economy. Get ahead financially by landing one of the best part-time jobs available.