Everyone has their own ideas about the 10 best party songs of all time. Depending on the kind of party, some songs may be more appropriate than others but there are certain songs that go down well at just about any party. Here are the best party songs.
- "Get The Party Started" Pink. There is no better way to officially launch a party than with a party anthem. Pink had a huge hit with this song and DJ's and party hosts have been cranking it out ever since. It sets the tempo for a fun night and is one of the best party songs of all time.
- "I Gotta Feeling" Black Eyed Peas. This can also be used as a pre-party song but if you want to share it with others, then you have to wait until the party is under way before letting it blast out. The Black Eyed Peas would be great party guests but realistically, listening to their songs will be the nearest you get to hanging out with them.
- "Jump Around" House of Pain. This one comes on a few hours into the party once everybody is in the house and most people have had a drink or two. Great for frat parties and gatherings of people who wear springs on their shoes, but it is definitely one of the best party songs ever.
- "Come On Eileen" Dexys Midnight Runners. The old ones are the best party songs and this is no exception. Eileen is a great sing-along even though most people only know three of the words. It never gets old except, we suppose, for Eileen herself.
- "Whoomp There It Is" Tag Team. This one will get things going again if you have a lull and everyone at the party is standing around in silence. Any songs with meaningless lyrics and shouting are among the best things to play at parties.
- "Walk This Way" Aerosmith and Run DMC. Hip hop fans love it, Aerosmith fans love it, other people hate it but at least it gets people talking. One of the all time best songs, it usually inspires a few guests to do their best Steven Tyler impressions.
- "Celebration" Kool and the Gang. There is usually some kind of celebration going on at a party, be it a birthday or be it a sports teams win, so one of the ten best party songs has to be "Celebration." Kool and the Gang did not follow it up with a bunch of other hits, but they probably made enough from this one to retire…after a brief celebration.
- "Sweet Home Alabama" Lynyrd Skynyrd. The band from Georgia's song about the featureless, unbearably humid southern state next door always goes down well at parties. This is another popular sing-along number, and it's especially good for parties when people are drunk.
- "Y.M.C.A." Village People. No songs gets more people onto the dance floor than this all time best part song. This one is particularly good for dress up parties and wild parties where the police show up.
- "Love Shack" B-52's. This one gives hope to the horny losers sitting in the corner of the room, but despite the lyrics, it is more of a sing-along than a love song. Any top ten party in your town has to feature this number at some point, and if the party sucks, at least we all know that it's only fifteen miles to the shack.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.