10 Best Paul McCartney Songs
If you love great music, you'll want to pay attention to the 10 best Paul McCartney songs. Paul McCartney is a singer andsongwriter, former Beatles member, vegetarian advocate and celebrity whose career in music has had an unbeatable longevity. He is also one of the most prolific songwriters. Still playing into his late 60's, he is an inspiration and a musical powerhouse. Here are some Paul McCartney songs that are musts for adding to any play list.
- "The Girl Is Mine" is a duet that Paul did with Michael Jackson. It's got a light, smooth feel, and the lyrics and fun and engaging. It was a hit, and it's been heard more than ever after the unfortunate passing of Michael Jackson in the summer of 2009.
- "Good Day Sunshine" is a song by the Beatles on the 1966 album "Revolver." It was written by Paul and John Lennon. The live version performed by McCartney appeared on the 1990 "Tripping the Live Fantastic." It has appeared in countless movies and TV shows, including a fun episode of "Full House" in which D.J. gets a horse and happily rides him into the sunshine.
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" This Paul McCartney song appears on his solo album debut, "McCartney" It remains a beloved, enduring song by Paul that's still frequently downloaded.
- "Love is Strange" is a song off McCartney's third album since the Beatles and its from his first album with Wings. The album is called "Wild Life," and the song was a unique one that caught on with listeners and fans who soon came to love McCartney performing with Wings.
- "Wonderful Christmastime" is a Christmas classic. It's played everywhere with each recurring Christmas season. Unlike the heavy subject matter attempted by former bandmate John Lennon's in, "Happy Christmas (War is Over)", this Paul McCartney song is simply about having a good time at the holidays.
- "Ebony and Ivory" was a song he did with Stevie Wonder. It was a number one single in 1982, and it's still acclaimed and enjoyed.
- "No More Lonely Nights" from 1984's "Give My Regards to Broad Street." It's a power ballad that will have you singing along.
- "The Long and Winding Road" This Paul McCartney song was on the Beatle album "Let it Be." When he went to court for the dissolution the Beatles as a legal entity, one of his six reasons were how this song's production was treated. In spite of his dismay, the song went on to be a hit and a timeless song that's still much played and enjoyed today.
- "Silly Love Songs" is a beautiful, light-hearted McCartney and the Wings song from 1976. It was later covered in the musical, "Moulin Rouge."
- "Yesterday" is an important Paul McCartney song that was recorded by the Beatles. It's a haunting song of dreaming of a more perfect yesterday.