10 Best Paying Careers
The jobs described in this article may be high stress, but they are also the 10 highest paying jobs in the United States. Be aware that many of these jobs require as many as 10 years of higher education.
- Anesthesiologists-$300,000. Though putting someone under anesthesia is a very high stress job, these individuals are very well paid. Currently, death rates from improper anesthesia are something like 1 in 200,000.
- OB/GYN-$220,000. Obstetrician/Gynecologists are another medical profession that pays through the roof. This is primarily due to the fact that these professionals are is short supply.
- Psychiatrist-$177,000. Unlike most other mental health professionals, psychiatrists may actually prescribe medications and conduct physicals.
- Nurse Anesthetist-$177,000. As the name suggests, a nurse anesthetists works closely under an anesthesiologist. Though the pay is great for this job, the hours are terrible.
- Sales Director-$222,000. The good news with being a sales director is these people typically are the last to get laid off—they are, after all, brining in all the money. However, be aware that these individuals must rely upon their sales skills in order to make a profit.
- Actuary-$129,000. Actuaries deal with financial risk and uncertainty. Like some medical professionals, most actuaries can complete up to another ten years of education after their bachelor's degree.
- Finance Director-$121,000. Like an actuary, a chief financial director must also have a strong grasp on numbers. This person is responsible for record keeping and must answer questions regarding the financial health of the company.
- Software Architect-$117,000. Software architects design products, create models, and develop the documents necessary to show their construction ideas through the use of computer software.
- Lawyer-$115,000. Not all lawyers make this much money, especially if they have a private practice or work for the government. However, corporate lawyers can make big money.
- Insurance Broker-$273,000. Like lawyers, the area that insurance brokers deal in plays a major role on their earning capabilities.
Posted on: Nov. 22, 2010