10 Best PC Adventure Games
These ten best PC adventure games range from adult role-playing games, to teen combat games, to family-friendly puzzle games. Their prices range the gamut, too, from a budget-friendly $10 to a pricey $50. Ten best lists are always subjective, but these games currently rate tops with online customers and video game reviewers. See if you agree.
- "Baldur’s Gate." The "Baldur’s Gate" four-in-one box set from Interplay is one of the most popular PC adventure games around. It takes the player on a role-playing adventure in the tradition of "Dungeons and Dragons." The box set includes three other games in the series and retails online for about $20.
- "Fallout: New Vegas." "Fallout: New Vegas" is an action-packed game set in New Vegas, aka Las Vegas after a nuclear fallout. Players can fully explore the region, from the vast desert wastelands to the bright city lights. Expect to pay around $50 for this new adventure.
- "Mafia II." "Mafia II" is another popular adventure from 2K Games and has already become a favorite among gaming adventurers. Players enter the Golden Era of America for a glimpse of life in the mob, complete with gunfights and intense gameplay. This game also retails for about $50.
- "Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection." "Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection" is an adventure for the whole family. Children’s imaginations will run wild as they care for more than 100 zoo, marine and prehistoric animals. This PC game from ValuSoft has a budget-friendly price of $10.
- "Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb." Players travel around the world to search for hidden treasures and recover the Lost Tomb of Ancient Egypt. Purchase the game online for about $20.
- "The Dark Eye: Drakensang." The Dark Eye: Drakensang" takes players into the Dark Ages. The game is the first PC adaptation of a popular German franchise. Players enjoy elaborate stories of "The Dark Eye" books while creating characters from a variety of spells, talents, and abilities—all for just $10.
- "Assassin’s Creed." Set in the year 1191, the game features historically accurate cities, weapons and political figures. Players are assassins who attempt to stop the hostilities of The Third Crusade. Gaming adventurers can find this game online for around $20.
- "Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove." This family-friendly video game focuses on the Celtic legend of Dire Grove and the hidden secrets of a once-peaceful community. The game retails online for about $20.
- "Spore Galactic Adventures." A 2009 computer game from Electronic Arts, "Spore Galactic Adventures" is another adventure game for the entire family. Players complete missions throughout the galaxy, through puzzles, combat, racing and more. The game is available online for about $30.
- "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed." "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" completes this list of ten best adventure games for PC. The "ultimate Sith edition" combines the original video game with new levels, costumes and characters. This Lucas Arts game also retails for about $30.