The following 10 best physics graduate jobs are meant for those who have a graduate or master's degree in physics. Although a bachelor's degree in physics may be impressive, the majority of jobs involving the physics field require an advanced degree and a better understanding of the concepts. This comes with benefits, however, in the form of a higher income.
- Engineering is among the higher paid fields for graduates with a master's degree in physics. Often, the graduate program is in engineering, where physics filled the necessary prerequisites.
- Computer science is another high-paying field that many physics majors go on to get graduate degrees in. Computer science involving graphics, software, artificial intelligence and even computer games are all possible career paths, as well as computer hardware fields.
- Astrophysics and theoretical astrophysics involve astronomy and space. A graduate degree holder might be involved in developing newer or safer or more efficient ways of building necessary vessels or equipment for this field. Additionally, many government and military jobs are potential career options for this field.
- Astronomers work in a subcategory under the physics heading. A significant number of physics majors go on to this field. Astronomers work not just with stars and planets but with problem solving, space travel, satellites and communications and much more.
- Nuclear physicists are still in demand. This is not simply with respect to weapons development or power sources, but also with archaeology, medicine and problem solving. This is also a field that would offer government and military career opportunities.
- Geophysicists work with the earth. There are several branches under this heading which include seismology, geothermometry, hydrology and work involving the earth's gravitational field. These fields are not simply for teaching or discovery, but can help in building highways and infrastructure, urban development, earthquake studies and archaeology.
- Optical physicists work with light, manipulating it and hoping for insight into light's properties and possible future uses. Related physics fields include atomic physics and molecular physics.
- Medical physicists might work with x-rays, scanning, computed tomography and other diagnostic tools. Additionally, they might engage in research to advance medicine and medical diagnostic tools, helping create more efficient diagnosing and treatment methods.
- Research and development in universities, the government, the military or even the private sector is always a possibility for physics graduates. This could involve product development, devices, machines, programs and more that could be used for government, military or private use, or even for retail purposes.
- A graduate with a bachelor's degree in physics has the option to acquire a teaching certificate. You can then teach science or physics, or even math, classes at the high school level or below. With a graduate degree or doctorate you can go on to teach at increasing levels.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.