10 Best Places To Advertise For Free
If you have been thinking about advertising your business, here are the 10 best places to advertise for free. Advertising can get pretty expensive but if you want to get free exposure, doing it for free will help you save some money.
- Craigslist. They are a well known website where anyone can advertise and post up what they wanted. Although, avoid the major cities to post under “jobs.” They charge you for posting there but anyone can post for free if under the “gigs” section.
- Backpage. Another website that is like craigslist. A newspaper called “Seattle Weekly” posts up jobs and services that local people provide. In every city, there are employment and services sections where you can advertise in the newspaper by Backpage.
- Kijiji. This website was started in Canada. But anyone can post up anything that they want. Just make sure that you do not post in more than one city if you do not want your ad to get flagged.
- LinkedIn. It is a site where people that are either looking for a job or have their own business. If you need to find some clients or a job, it is a good place to start on advertising of what you are looking for.
- Twitter. A site that is a mini blog for anyone that wants to let the world know what they are up to. You can have this link up to your Facebook too which can help cut down your time of being on the computer
- Yahoo groups. There are many Yahoo groups such as for writers, entrepreneurs and parents for example. Just make sure that you target certain groups of people but it is best if you go on groups that pertain to your current situation.
- Blogs. Blogs are another way to get known online and offline. And since they get started every second, you can leave comments and refer people to either check out your online resume or other ways for people to contact you.
- Facebook. It is a well known social networking site that you can either use it for personal and/or business purposes. If you use Twitter too, it would go on here and it would help with either the job search or looking for people. This website is more for people that is either looking for work or are looking for people. Although, the website does look professional.
- Biznik. Biznik is more for people that have their own business but you can also use it to find work. If you want to do some face to face interactions, go check out your local Biznik events. There is one in about every major city and was started by a Seattle couple.
- Myspace. It is aim at people that are at least in their teens, love music and/or in their twenties. There are three different areas that you can post up about anything such as under your profile blog, bulletin board, and classified section. But anyone can join and sign up for free.
Posted on: Apr. 23, 2010