Some of the ten best places to go with kids in October offer hayrides, haunted houses and spectacular Halloween shows. Whatever activities you are looking to do this fall, October is sure to be filled with fall foliage days and spooky nights.
- Oktoberfest, Helen, GA. This celebration has been going on for 40 years and it is set in a re-creation of an alpine village. It offers German-style brass bands and accordion players, and this is one of the more popular events in the South. Visitors will find an abundance of fishing, hiking and biking during the day and polkas at night.
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL. The Magic Kingdom is a great place to go with kids in October. This is a wonderful time of year to take advantage of no crowds, special events and popular attractions.
- SeaWorld, San Diego, CA. This is a great place for little ones that’s not too scary. They offer child friendly activities every weekend in October and the Sesame Street Halloween Show is spectacular. Other features are interactive characters, trick-or-treat stations and sea lion shows.
- Sesame Place, Langhorne, PA. This is a great adventure spot with a walk through Count von Count’s castle, trick or treating and the musical show “Countdown to Halloween." This destination is best for children age’s two to ten and features all of their favorite characters.
- HallowBoo, Ligonier, PA. This vacation spot is best for little ones age’s two to eight and includes games, attractions and favorite fall foods. They offer Halloween themed rides and a chance to meet Ricky Raccoon along with other characters. Kids will have a great time trick or treating through Storybook Forest.
- Adventure Island, Tampa, FL. Kids will enjoy an extended summer at this theme park, which offers 30 acres of fun in the sun water rides. Kids can choose from waterfalls, corkscrew slides, a rambling river or a gigantic wave pool. This is a laidback island adventure for the whole family.
- Six Flags New England, Springfield, MA. This amusement park is geared towards small children and offers waterslides, raft rides and many games. Home to Frightfest, kids will enjoy trick-or-treating and scary nightly activities.
- The Green Mountain Inn, Stowe, VA. This is an adventure for kids who like outdoor activities. They offer an inflatable obstacle course, an alpine slide, biking and an opportunity to see how cider is made. They also have a game room, heated pool and board games, making this one of the 10 best places to go with kids this October.
- Smugglers’ Notch, VT. This resort is home to fall indoor activities, such as The FunZone Indoor Family Entertainment and Recreation Center and a Friendly Pirate Dinner. Adults will enjoy gourmet cheese and wine tasting and herbal foot soaks. If you are looking for a rare vacation, this is the one to try.
Bush Gardens, Tampa, FL. This is a great African safari that the family won’t want to miss this October. Howl-O-Scream is great for older kids and there are many live bands and haunted attractions to choose from. Make sure you bring your walking shoes because this park is huge with an adventure around every corner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.