The best places to go tent camping in Colorado. There are many places to go camping in Colorado and here are the best of them. In no ranking order, Colorado is full of interesting campsites. By tent camping you are helping save the Earth and learning many new things along the way. Colorado has many breathtaking sights to see. While camping in Colorado you may see a variety of wild life, scattered among the mountains of Colorado. The scenery is filled with streams and lakes, which make for great fishing and swimming. There are too many campsites to talk about all of them, so here is the 10 best campsites in Colorado.
- Lone Duck Camping. They boast a very beautiful scenic view of the mountain valley. It is also filled with wild life. The trails at Lone Duck are out of this world. Be sure to ask for a guide map before going in to the woods. Box 25 Cascade Colorado, 80809
- Rocky Top Motel/RV & Campground. With a majestic view of the Pike's Peak. Rocky Top has many fun and exciting things to do like horseback riding, hiking, and river rafting. Along with all that fun, they also have free Wi-Fi. They are open all year long. Rocky Top Motel/RV & Campground: 10090 West Highway 24, Green Mountain Falls, Colorado 80819
- Archer’s Pouder River Resort, Cabins, Camping & Store. They are open all year with many different activities. If you decide to hunt or fish, you will have to have the appropriate licenses to allow you to do so. They ask you follow all state regulations. The main rule is to have fun. The campground also has the Cahe La Pouder River running right through it. Archer's Pouder River Resort: 33021 Poudre Canyon, Bellvue Colorado 80512
- Lake Pueblo State Park. With the many great views of the reservoir, it will bring tears to your eyes. This the largest state park in Colorado. Pueblo’s water comes from this reservoir. It’s very clean and clear, it’s stock by an underground spring and stocked by the county. Lake Pueblo State Park: 640 Pueblo Reservoir Road, Pueblo Colorado 81005
- Pueblo KOA. They have many campsites, so you are sure to find the one that is right for you. They have a great deal of different activities for people of all ages. Swimming is supreme. There’s not a lot of wild life to worry about, just the common animals you see on a daily basis. Pueblo KOA: 4131 I-25 N., Pueblo, Colorado 81008
- Harvey Gap State. With high security you can rest with ease. Every night the gates are closed and locked and the only people allowed in or out are campers with sites in the park. To cut down on disturbances, they want everyone to have a great time. Harvey Gap State: 5775 Highway 325 Rifle, Colorado 81650 (970)625-1607
- Bighorn Park. They have a great view of snow-covered mountains. In the winter the nights it gets freezing, so be sure to take warm clothing. They have some of the highest mountains in Colorado. They are the largest campgrounds in the state by far. They are one of the oldest campgrounds as well. It is a very friendly environment with rangers checking in from time to time for safety of everyone. The wildlife is every where out here, so be careful and do not try to catch them or feed them. They can get very aggressive, they are wild. Bighorn Park: 16373 Highway 50 West, Coaldale Colorado 81222
- Cutty’s Resort Hayden Creek. Very secluded in the middle of the largest mountain range in Colorado. If peace and quite is what you are looking for this is the place. It is almost completely shut off from the outside world. Many young newly wed couples go out there just to enjoy the alone time, away from the hustle and busyness of the everyday life. Out there you don’t have to answer to anyone 3428 Hayden Creek Rd., Coaldale Colorado 81222
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.