The ten best places to hunt in America range from California to New York. North America has a very broad range of landscape, from beautiful mountain ranges to deserts, and marsh lands, to beaches, which make for some of the greatest hunting areas in the world.
- Calvert Hill. Located in Pike County, Illinois, this area is proudly known for their trophy white tail deer.
- Unit 17-19 Western Alaska. This is the best place to hunt brown and grizzly bears. Unit 17-19 is a very secluded part of Alaska. Hunters must be flown into the area. The bear hunting season lasts eight months. This is a very dense area which makes it very enticing for veteran hunters.
- White Sands Missile Range. Located in southern New Mexico, White Sands is a flat desert area made up of gypsum. For those who love hunting exotic animals, this is the best place to hunt in the United States. Oryx is not native to the United States but are bred in this eccentric landscape. Hunts are available from September to March, but tags are given by drawing only.
- Adirondack. Located in New York, the serene Adirondack mountain is the best place to hunt for buck. The landscape is dense mountains and lakes with sandy beaches.
- Barker Creek. Located in Wisconsin, this is a great place to hunt deer. Barker Creek is acres and acres of grass lands, aspen trees, and sedge/cattail marsh.
- Nucla. Located in Colorado. Nuclas is the perfect place for turkey hunters to do their thing. It is home to the Merriam turkey.
- West Yaak. Located in Montana, this hunting area is the most secluded and wild area in all of Montana. West Yaak is best known for moose hunting. It is a very dense area with ponderosa, cedar, hemlock, and spruce trees.
- Gila Mountains. Located in New Mexico, this is an impressive place to hunt elk. The terrain is not too steep, but it is a very thick wooded area.
- Tehama. Located in California, this is the best area to hunt wild pigs. Tehama is nearly 50,000 acres of oak woodlands, grasslands, and rugged canyons. It is just south of the town Payne's Creek.
- Monroe Mountain. Located in Utah, this mountain is a great place to hunt cougars. Cougars are a protected animal in Utah, although a certain number of tags are given out every year to prevent overpopulation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.