10 Best Places To Meet People In Chicago
Are you new to Chicago and ready to meet new people, and want to know the 10 best places to meet people in Chicago? Chicago is a big beautiful city, that's a great place to live, full of attractions and entertainment. With Chicago being such a big city it can be difficult to know where to go to meet people. Here is a list of 10 best places to meet people in Chicago that is sure to give you a jump start in finding long-lasting friendships.
- Navy Pier. It is one of the well known sights in Chicago, that is famous for its 150-foot Ferris wheel. It also features a musical carousel, and an onsite 18-hole miniature golf course. There is a wide range of entertainment, shopping, and dinning at the Pier. Enjoy holiday fireworks during Memorial and Labor Day Weekend.
- Chicago Theatre. Named the "Wonder Theatre of the World", this theatre offer Chicagoans the best live entertainment. The auditorium seats 3,600 and is more than half of a city block wide. The Chicago Theatre host performances from world renown, comedians, musicians, and acrobats. This theater also offers tours of its historic building.
- Magnificent Mile. Located right along Michigan Ave, the Magnificent Mile is a great entertaining place to spend money. You will find major hotels, department stores, and exclusive shops. Some of the most expensive shops on this mile include Coach Chanel, Gucci, and Macy's.
- Lincoln Park Zoo. This zoo is one of the oldest in the country, established in 1868. Admission is free and the zoo is open 365 days year. Besides enjoying the animals, you can enjoy some rides, for a small fee including, a musical carousel, paddle boats, and the LPZoo express train ride.
- Buckingham Fountain. This fountain is one of the largest in the world, and is located in Grant Park. Every hour on the hour you can enjoy a light show accompanied by music, and lights after dark. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. from April to October.
- Willis Tower (known as the Sears Tower). This building is known for one of the tallest buildings in the United States. It decorates the Chicago skyline, and you can find one of the best views in Chicago from this building. When you go to the top of the Willis Tower on a clear day does not only include up to 50 miles of sightlines, but you can also see parts of Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
- Shed Aquarium. This aquarium displays a marine life in an exceptional way. You will find a variety of species in this aquarium from all over the world. The range of ordinary creatures is amazing and truly exotic. There are several popular exhibits at the shed to enjoy which include, anacondas, piranhas, and the Caribbean reef display.
- Chinatown. Enjoy Asian cultural finds in Chinatown. This is the perfect place to enjoy a wide range of neighborhood events, restaurants, and shops. Throughout the year there are festivals, parades, and holiday celebrations like no other. Chinatown is the best place to get an Orient cuisine that you can savor.
- Millennium Park. This park is the pride of downtown Chicago. It is built over a parking garage, which makes it the world's largest rooftop garden. Millennium Park is home to various public works of art from fountains to sculptures. It also includes a promenade, ice skating rink, and bandstand.
- Lincoln Park. This is the largest public park in Chicago. Lincoln Park features numerous facilities for sports lovers that include, basketball, tennis, and volley ball courts, in addition to a golf course, and basketball, and softball area. Other attractions in this park include, an outdoor theater and the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.