Here are 10 places to meet women in New York. Meeting women in New York is easy—they’re everywhere! The hard part is getting them to talk to you. Go places where women feel comfortable and have time to chat.
- The Museum of Modern Art. Sundays at the museum are full of women on their day off who want to relax and look at Monet’s "Water Lilies." Ask her for impressions of a painting. The Museum of Modern Art: Eleven W. 53rd St. New York, NY 10019. (212) 708-9400
- Tom & Jerry’s. It's a bar, but a nice one. Patrons sit at large, wooden tables and chat. Offer to carry her drink or sit down with her at her table. This is an easy place to meet women. Tom & Jerry's: 288 Elizabeth St. New York, NY 10012. (212) 260-5045
- Hudson River Park Dog Run. A haven for dogs and men who are looking for a date! Dog owners stand around watching their pets for thirty minutes or more. This one of the easiest places to meet women in New York, especially if you have a dog of your own to ease in conversation. Hudson River Park Dog Run: 353 West St. Pier 40.New York, NY 10014. (212) 627-2020
- 92nd Street Y. This is a great place to meet smart women who like to do stuff in the city. This is not only a Jewish cultural center, but a center for all academic and intellectual women. 92nd Street Y: 1395 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10128. (212) 415-5500
- Bowlmor Lanes. Bowling is a great place to meet women because everyone is there to have fun. Bowling shoes make a great ice breaker. Bowlmor Lanes: 110 University Pl. New York, NY 10003. (212) 255-8188
- American Museum of Natural History. Staring at fossils can be an uncomfortable experience, which is why women at the museum are eager to chat. Make a comment about the giant whale and see if she responds American Museum of Natural History: 175 Central Park West. New York, NY 10024. (212) 769-5000
- Coney Island. Classic outdoor summer fun. Coney Island’s heyday may have passed, but the old amusement park is still a great place to met women in New York. Coney Island: Surf Ave at Atlantic Shore. Brooklyn, NY 11224.
- Central Park Zoo. People go to the zoo when they have time to mill around. That means women at the zoo have time to talk and the animals provide plenty of conversation starters. Central Park Zoo: Fifth Ave & E. 64th St. New York, NY 10065. (212) 439-6500
- The Green Market. Browse for tomatoes and rutabagas and chat with women while they shop. You may meet someone at the green market who loves to cook. The Green Market: 33 E. Seventeenth St. New York, NY 10003. (212) 555-1212
- The Strand Bookstore. The Strand is not only a fantastic bookstore, it is also a great place to meet women. Comment on a book she is carrying and see what follows. The Strand Bookstore: 828 Broadway. New York, NY 10003. (212) 473-1452
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …