Portland has something for everyone but you have to know where to go—here is a list of the 10 Best Places to Meet Women in Portland, Oregon:
- Doug Fir Lounge: This bar and music venue is open until 4 a.m. and hosts live music close to every night of the week. Many different types of women frequent this bar, from the "I just turned 21" girl passed out on the floor, to the girl who is there "only for the music," and everyone in between. The Doug Fir is located at 830 E Burnside St. Portland, OR 97209. Disclaimer: On first and third Sundays of the month the Doug Fir hosts "Dyke Knight" – lesbians only.
- Henry's Tavern: If you are looking for less conversation and more skin, this is the place to go. On any given night, this bar will be packed with 20 something's (mostly "bros" and "scantly clad" women) patrolling the very loud, strobe lit, dance floor. In addition to meeting women, this bar is known for its happy hour menu and the 100 beers on tap. Located at 10 NW 12th Ave Portland, OR 97209
- Portland's Farmer's Market: Many "Portlanders" pride themselves on eating organic, local food. Your local farmer's market can be a great place to strike up a conversation about the dangers of eating pesticides. Located at 240 North Broadway Street, the Farmer's Market is open from 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Portland Rock Gym. Even if you don't know how to rock climb, this is still the place to meet women. Take a lesson. There are plenty of hot women instructors to meet as well. 21 Northeast 12th Avenue.
- Alberta District Art Walks. Art walks are a great place to meet women. Alberta's "Last Thursday", is a combination art gallery "hop" and neighborhood party that takes place on the last Thursday of every month. It is especially popular in the summer.
- Community Running Groups. Being Physically fit is very important in Portland. Many running stores offer free training runs; this is a great opportunity to meet women and also train for an event. Note: If you are seriously out of shape, you might consider training before you go to a training group in order to avoid the embarrassment of not being able to keep up. The Nike Store hosts a 3, 5, or 7 mile community run. Located at 930 Southwest 6th Avenue Portland, OR 97204.
- The Saucebox. You will have no trouble meeting women at this trendy restaurant and lounge. Arrive after 10 p.m. for their late night happy hour. The Saucebox is more upscale than your average bar, you should dress to impress. Located at 214 SW Broadway Ave, Portland, OR 97205.
- Portland City Grill. Located on the 30th floor of a bank, this bar is great for meeting a mature women. No one is going to barf on your shoes and it is quiet in case you actually want to talk to the girl you meet.
- Powell's Books. A huge independent bookstore that is "all the rage" in Portland. Meet women downstairs in the cafe or on one of the color coated reading rooms. Powell's is so large that, "excuse me, I am lost" would not be seen as a pick up line. Powell's has five locations in the Portland-Metro Area, check out the one on Hawthore at 3723 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland, OR 97214
- The Park. Check out Alberta Park, NE 22nd Ave & Killingsworth St or Couch Park, NW 19th Ave & Glisan St. Note: your chances of meeting women increase exponentially if you bring a dog, preferably a big, silly looking one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.