10 Best Places To Travel To In December
Check out this list of the 10 best places to travel to in December for some holiday vacation ideas. If you're freezing at home in December, consider taking a vacation to a destination with a warmer climate. Your friends will be jealous that you're soaking up the sun in the middle of the winter, and you may even be able to convince your family to spend the holidays abroad with you.
Mexico. If you're in the mood for a week at the beach, Mexico is a hot spot for anyone who enjoys white sand beaches and frozen margaritas. Book a room at one of many affordable resorts in Punta Cana or Acapulco.
- Costa Rica. You'd be amazed at how cheap it is to fly to San Jose, Costa Rica from any major city in the United States. This country is one of the safest places to visit in Central America, and it is known for its environmentally friendly travel options. Weather is warm year round due to the country's proximity to the Equator.
- Belize. From snorkeling to swimming with sting rays, Belize has it all: beautiful beaches, a favorable exchange rate, sunny weather, and a little Central American flavor. Stay right on the beach or visit one of the many Mayan ruins in the area.
- Colombia. While this country used to have a bad reputation, it has now cleaned up its cities and offers some of the most amazing beaches you will ever step foot on. From Santa Martha to Cartagena, you can sip on tropical drinks and lay in hammocks carefree. December is one of the warmest months, but it can get cool at night in the mountains.
- Ecuador. You don't have to drop thousands of dollars on a trip to the Galapagos Islands to enjoy all that Ecuador has to offer. Stop by the historic city of Cuenca and check out the 18th century architecture, or explore the capital city of Quito and take salsa dancing lessons.
- Australia. Book a trip "down under" for some of the best surfing spots in the world, friendly locals, and great seafood. Plane tickets to Australia may be expensive, but you can just write off the expense as a Christmas present to yourself.
- Argentina. When it's cold in the Northern Hemisphere, it's warm in the Southern Hemisphere. Take a trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina and enjoy world famous steak, tango, and some of the best gelato in the world, all while enjoying temperatures in the mid 80's.
- Puerto Rico. This archipelago is a commonwealth of the United States, but once you step foot on the island, you'll notice that it's a whole different world. Check out the waterfalls at El Yunque National Forest or charming Old San Juan.
- Hawaii. Hawaii may not be an international destination, but it sure feels like it. This state is full of islands that boast pristine beaches, active volcanoes, and lush rainforest that has a tropical climate year round.
- Chile. Chile can be chilly during the winter, but since the seasons are opposite in the Southern Hemisphere, you can explore this country just when they start the summer season. Marvel at the Spanish architecture in Santiago or head to the Easter Islands for your December getaway.