10 Best Places To Travel In December
The top 10 best places to travel in December cater to both the sun seekers and cold lovers. Travel in December can be tricky due to extreme weather conditions but for those willing to risk snow delays there are a multitude of great travel destinations to choose from. Some people seek out the sun in December to escape the bitter cold while others actively search for a white Christmas destination.
- Lapland. Savvy businessmen in northern Finland have latched onto the notion that Santa Claus lives in the North Pole and offer tourists the chance to visit him in Lapland. His credentials may be dubious but the red faced, chubby fellow certainly helps create that Christmas mood at this top December destination.
- Antarctica. The ice-covered continent may seem like an unusual travel choice, but Christmas occurs during the southern hemisphere's summer so if you want to see those penguins that Queen Latifah told us about in the movies then December is the best time to visit.
- Innsbruck. The Austrian city can usually be relied to be covered in snow and the wooden roofed chalets around the city provide a picture perfect setting for Christmas-time. If relaxing by the fire does not appeal to you then you could always try your luck on the giant ski jump located in this top place to travel in December.
- Aspen. If you cannot speak Finnish or German and aren't curious about penguins, then Aspen is the place to go for reliable quantities of snow, sweaters and roaring fireplaces. Aspen remains the best place in the U.S. for snow seekers who want to travel in December.
- New York City. If you want to relive just about any Christmas movie ever made, then head to the big apple. A photo keepsake of snow covered 34th street will impress your friends.
- Sydney. If you feel like escaping the cold then head south to Sydney where you can "crack a tinnie" at the "barbie" with the locals and work on your tan.
- Miami. The south Florida city is either boiling or hot just very hot all year round so if you want to ogle hot women and do some roller skating over the holiday season then Miami is a top December travel destination.
- Christmas Island. Well, where did you expect Easter Island? Do not be deterred by the fact that this top place to travel in December is most famous for being covered in crabs.
- Disney world. Travel can be arduous so if you can't make it, then fake it and travel to all of the "countries" at Disney's EPCOT. Disney's other lavishly decorated parks are also a great place to travel in December.
- North Korea. This travel spot is for people who just don't like the holidays and wonder what it would be like without the Bing Crosbys music, tiresome old movies and Christmas trees. Instead of enjoying Christmas carols, the streets echo to the sound of propaganda messages and forget about the chubby guy in the red suit, Kim Jung Il is the chubby little fellow who usually wears a brown suit. No fear of Kim descending down any chimneys as the only chimneys he is interested in are the ones at his secret nuclear plants. After a few weeks in North Korea most people will be longing for all those cheesy holiday traditions back home, but for the die-hard holidays haters, it could come as a welcome break.