10 Best Places To Travel In Europe
If you're planning a vacation abroad, you should know about the 10 best places to travel in Europe. Europe is the world's second smallest continent and is the birthplace of western culture. Here is a list of ten of the best places to travel to in Europe.
- Vatican City. Located in the middle of Rome Italy, the Vatican City State is an independent country. In spite of this small European country's limited public access, a tour of it will take you most of the day. If your destination is Vatican City, a walk through St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican museums are a must.
- Scotland. Located in the United Kingdom, this European country offers some of the most beautiful vistas in the UK. Scotland's countryside offers coastal plains with lush islands, moors, lochs and mountains to go along with its extraordinary landscapes.
- Wales. This European destination is also in the UK. If castles are your thing, Wales is the country for you, as its many castles add mystery and magnificence to its already breathtaking countryside. Wales also has an 800 square mile National Park with beautiful scenery.
- Germany. This European country is one of the crown jewels of world travel. Germany is a vacationer's paradise that feature cities, villages, castles and scenic landscapes. Germany also has a rich, culturally diverse history.
- Spain. Spain is a very popular European destination with numerous vacation spots. But, Madrid is the must-see city within this country; it offers museums, dining and entertainment, as well as exemplary architecture.
- France. France is no doubt one of the world's most fascinating European countries. France is rich in historical architecture, palaces, cathedrals and lavish chateaux. France's natural landscape boasts beautiful coasts and lavish mountains, and then there's Paris, the City Of Light.
- Italy. Italy has four major cities, six different regions, and an independent state to suit any European traveler's needs. It features architectural landmarks and cities for a thrill seekers, or lakes and seascapes for the laid-back.
- Ireland. Ireland is a European country that has a history of mixed cultural and political influences. Ireland is know for its breathtaking landscapes, but the true beauty of this country is said to be within its people and their way of life.
- Greece. This European country served as a role model for much of Western Civilization. Greece is a country of 6,000 islands, so there is plenty of opportunity for swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing or any kind of water activity that you desire. Greece also offers great nightlife.
- Portugal. Portugal is one of the oldest states in Europe; it boasts over 1,100 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline on its west and south sides. The city of Lisbon is the country's star attraction with its hills and neighborhoods that can be enjoyed by riding around in its electric streetcars.