Here are the top ten places to visit in the Northeast U.S., jot them down and plan a trip! Where else can you find beautiful beaches, deep forests and soaring mountains? The Northeast has it all and surely something for everyone!
- New York City, New York. Visiting the "Big Apple" is exciting. The city is full of culture, relaxation and fun. Be sure to venture out of the tourist-filled Time Square area and into the more historic neighborhoods such as Soho and Greenwich Village.
- New Hope, Pennsylvania. Located in the mountains on the banks of the Delaware River, New Hope is a one of the best places to travel in the Northeast, but is very easy to miss! New Hope is home to interesting home shops, jewelry stores, little cafes and antique bookstores. A quaint bed and breakfast is your best choice for lodging.
- Boston, Massachusetts. One of America’s oldest cities, Boston is surely one of the top places to visit in the Northeast U.S.. Take a walk on the Freedom Trail, visit the Museum of Fine Art, plan a trip to one of the beautiful parks and take in a sports game to round out your trip.
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts. One of the most traveled to beach destinations in the Northeast, Cape Cod truly does have something for everyone. Besides lounging on one of the many lovely beaches in Cape Cod you may want to take in some whale watching, rent a boat or commune with nature on one of the hundreds of bike and walking paths in the area.
- Lake Champlain Valley, Vermont. Some of the best skiing in the Northeast makes this a hot spot during the winter. But every other season brings special tourist to this area as well! The aquarium and science center on the waterfront of Lake Champlain is not to be missed. Then head over to the Historic Church Street Marketplace. Here you will find shops, boutiques, cafes, restaurants and lovely architecture. Don’t forget to make a trip to the world famous Ben and Jerry’s ice cream factory!
- Mystic, Connecticut. In the beautiful downtown area you will find plenty of quaint shops and restaurants as well as year-round festivities. Located right along the banks of the Mystic River, Mystic is a fun place to explore.
- Baltimore, Maryland. Without a doubt, Inner Harbor is the pride of downtown Baltimore. Located on the waterfront, Inner Harbor is home to many shops and eateries, as well as attractions like the National Aquarium of Baltimore and the Maryland Science Center. What to eat? Some fresh seafood, of course!
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Serving as one of the nation's many capitols during the years surrounding the Revolutionary War, Philadelphia is rich with history. Visit the Please Touch Museum, Franklin Square and the Liberty Bell. Don’t leave without getting a Philly Cheese steak!
- Bar Harbor, Maine. Bar Harbor, located in Acadia National Park, is absolutely one of the most beautiful spots in the Northeast. To leave your cares behind, bike through the National Park, take a wildlife tour, go rock climbing or kayak the rocky coastline.
- Chincoteague and Assateague, border islands between Maryland and Virginia. Sightseeing cruises, kayak tours, crabbing, bird watching, fishing and biking make this a popular destination for visitors that enjoy outdoor activities. The wild ponies that run free along the beaches here are what make this island different from another beach town.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.