10 Best Places To Travel In The U.S.
While there are beautiful sites to see in every state of the Union, you haven't seen the United States unless you have visited the10 best places to travel in the U.S. It really is true, the United States is a large and beautiful country.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. The largest adult entertainment center in the world, Las Vegas, offers non-stop shows, casinos, and amazing architecture. Even if you aren’t interested gambling the opulence of the city is worth a trip. It is also close the some of the other best places to travel in the U.S. including Death Valley, Zion, The Grand Canyon, and only a half day’s drive from Los Angeles, California.
- Orlando, Florida. Orlando can easily boast that they are the largest family entertainment center in the world. Disney World is the largest amusement center in the world, but it is not the only vacation destination. Orlando also has Sea World, Wet & Wild, and several smaller venues to explore. You can literally spend weeks in Orlando and not see everything. Florida is one of the best places to travel in the U. S. and N.A.S.A. just a short drive from Orlando.
- New York City, New York. New York City is the largest metropolitan center in the United States. It is considered one of the best places to travel in the U.S. with such attractions as Broadway Plays, Wall Street, The United Nations, The Statue of Liberty and dozens of museums and sports centers.
- Hawaii. The State of Hawaii is a beautiful island paradise in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. It is set in the Pacific “ring of fire” and Volcano National Park is considered one of the best places to travel in the U.S. Hawaii has many different islands with breathtaking views, beautiful beaches and great surfing.
- Los Angeles, California. The second largest city in the United States, Los Angeles is considered one of the best places to travel in the U.S. Hollywood is a major suburban area of Los Angeles which is the home to the movie industry. The subtropical climate, with beautiful sandy beaches, coupled with the “California surf”.
- San Francisco, California. Though San Francisco is a smaller city than Los Angeles, it is by far a more scenic city. The terrain is steep hills and the cable cars still climb the hills on a regular basis. The Golden Gate Bridge spans the San Francisco Bay.
- Yosemite National Park, California. It is one of the most stunning Alpine Valleys in the world is one of the most popular and best places to travel in the U.S. The cliffs are a sheer drop of two thousand feet, nearly a dozen cascading waterfalls surround the valley formed by glaciers thousands of years ago. The groves of the giant sequoia trees (the largest trees in the world) are a breathtaking sight.
- Alaska. It is the largest state in the union and the only state located in the Arctic. The majority of the state is wilderness that can only be accessed by plane. The bush pilot is considered to be one of the last pioneers. Alaska is bordered on the east by Canada and on the west by Russia. Glacier National Park is considered to be one of the best places to travel in the U.S.
- Washington, D.C. The nation’s capitol was designed by Thomas Jefferson, the second president, and an architect. This city was designed and built to be the nation’s capitol and it is considered one of the most beautiful capitols in the world. While the grounds of the White House, the home of the President of the United States, are a public park, it is considered one of the best places to travel in the U.S.
- Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona. One of the greatest natural wonders of the world, The Grand Canyon is one mile deep, fifteen miles across, and over one hundred miles long. The interior of the canyon is vast maze of mesas, cliffs, and promontories. It is best seen either from the visitor’s center, and only accessible by mule or by hiking. There is no denying that, the Grand Canyon is one of the best places to travel in the U.S.
Posted on: Dec. 14, 2010