10 Best Places To Visit In October
If you are planning a fall vacation, these are the best places to visit in October. The arrival of fall in America and Europe presents us with mild temperatures and colorful foliage, transforming the countryside. In the Southern hemisphere, spring with its sunny pleasant days brings forth greenery and blossoms.
- Australia. Australia is one of the best places to visit in October, when the weather is warm but not too hot. Among the seven wonders of the natural world, The Great Barrier Reef is the largest and most impressively beautiful coral reef in the world. Stay on one of the idyllic islands or in a coastal town and experience the awesome coral reefs. Enjoy snorkeling, diving or view Australia by a glass bottom boat or helicopter tour.
- Buenos Aires. "The Pearl" of South America, Buenos Aires is a modern, cosmopolitan and sophisticated city with a rich European heritage. It provides excellent museums, restaurants, parks, shopping and a vibrant nightlife. See if you can catch on to the "tango," the city’s signature dance.
- Nova Scotia. On the Atlantic coast of Canada, Nova Scotia is one of the best places to visit in October. The fall foliage is particularly spectacular in Canada and during October you can enjoy many cultural events in Nova Scotia. Visit Cape Breton Island to attend the Celtic Colours International Festival and the Halifax Pop Explosion.
- New York City. Walk through Central Park in New York City in October to experience the brilliant autumn foliage. The warm days and chilly nights are perfect to discover this thrilling city with so much to offer. Don't miss the Columbus Day Parade, on the second Monday of October.
- Paris. The "City of Light," Paris is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in October. After summer, the city is quieter, with fewer lines, so you can peacefully experience the incomparable Paris, with its Eiffel Tower, its galleries and museums, its cafes, its gardens, parks and shopping. A must in October is the "Nuit Blanche," a night when monuments, museums, galleries, etc. stay open all night with free entry.
- Tuscany. Another best place to visit in October in Europe is Tuscany where it's harvest time for grapes and olives. There are many wine festivals in the area to enjoy. The countryside of Florence, Montecatini, Pisa and Lucca is especially beautiful at this time of the year. You can stay in a picturesque villa and enjoy the delicious Italian cuisine.
- England. Set in the heart of the Peak District, Chatsworth House will transport you back to the grandeur of Jane Austin's novels. Stay in a traditional cottage within the Chatsworth State and experience this breathtakingly beautiful English spacious house while autumn celebrates its colors transforming the countryside.
- South Spain. South Spain is definitely amongst the best places to visit in October. Andalucia, with its rich heritage has much to offer: historic landmarks such as The Alhambra, Giralda and beautifully unspoiled regions such as the Alpujarras. Don't miss the Bienal del Flamenco, a flamenco festival in Sevilla which occurs every two years. Be sure to check out the Festival de Jaen, the famous town near Granada with the best olives in the world.
- Germany. If you want to have fun, enjoy authentic Bavarian beer and traditional music, then Germany is the best place to visit in October. The Oktoberfest, celebrated every year in Munich for the last two centuries is the biggest folk festival in the world. There you can enjoy delicious Bavarian food, including fresh river fish and the famous, strong, dark "Wies`n" beer. All accompanied by traditional Bavarian folk music and dance.
- Transylvania. Lastly, the best place to visit on October 31, to experience a truly unforgettable Halloween is Transylvania, in Romania. There you can visit the birthplace of the legendary Count Dracula, the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, and the Bran Castle where he supposedly lived. Enjoy a Halloween Party with Romanian folk shows and many dark surprises... if you dare!